Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

Track IR "technique"?

No Jaap, If your using trackIr when you turn your head/body in you chair you will be looking in a differnt direction in the simulator(like in real life). The projector would also turn so your eyes never leave the screen. Think about it more, it wont be the same screen the whole time. Im not sure if the imersion factor would be that great - but it's just an idea. I'm also guessing that there is a way to tone down the sensability of your head movement using trackIR so you can get head movement like in real life.

But a little awkward if using pedals I would assume. I too have TracIR4 and can't fly without it. If your budget is a little tight, save all your daily change and only pay with bills. That way you get the change to save every day. I save only quarters and dimes and usually have $30-40.00 saved at the end of every month.Jim

Hey Jim,Yep, I have a change jar. I fill it with Loonies and Twoonies (Canada speak for $1 & $2 coins), I can put away $50 to $100 a week like that, but that cash is going for a total PC upgrade by the end of summer. I was fooling around with the ToeMouse partly for fun, and partly because winter is the slow work season for me, I work outdoors, and $200 for a TrackIR is a bit too much of a luxury when you have kids, bills, and it's cold outside.I might even get a TrackIR in a few weeks. We'll see. It does look like fun.