Sign in to follow this  
drgnkid

P2A Gate/Parking Assignment Issue - Occupied Gate/Parking

Hi Dave,

I am facing this issue whereby P2A always assigns me to a gate or parking which is occupied but I am not sure if it is a P2A issue or have I configured something incorrectly?

I am currently using AI Traffic add-on from Alpha India Group (AIG) but only using static AI for now to populate the airports so I am not sure if this issue will also happen if I use live traffic.

Occasionally, there are also no marshallers at the assigned ramp (might be an MSFS issue, I don't know).

P2A lets you select the Gate you want to be guided to.  This can be done in the Info panel.

P2A does not have a good way of determining what gates are open or occupied, so it leaves this up to you.

The Marshalling services of MSFS are not available to P2A either.

Dave

Ok, noted on that.

Also, does the volume panel in the radio stack control the volume for ATC/ATIS communications? It does not seem to work for me. When I click Vol up/down/mute, there doesn't seem to be any effect.

Currently, the volume controls only the volume for Chatter.

Set the Voice volumes on the Voices tab of Config.  If all voices are too loud, you can lower all of P2A volume in the Windows Volume Mixer, accessible by clicking the Speaker icon in the  Windows taskbar.  Do this while P2A is running so that it will show up as an app in the mixer.

Having the volume control affect all volume is on the list of future enhancements.

Dave

UPDATE:  The overall Volume control will be in the 2.6.2.4 Public Beta 2f version.  You will notice that the Volume change is not immediate, but take effect after a controller finishes their current statement.  This is mostly noticeable with ATIS and the long narration of the weather. 

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

On 12/23/2021 at 10:07 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A lets you select the Gate you want to be guided to.  This can be done in the Info panel.

P2A does not have a good way of determining what gates are open or occupied, so it leaves this up to you.

The Marshalling services of MSFS are not available to P2A either.

Dave

Hi Dave,

When you mentioned, "The Marshalling services of MSFS are not available to P2A either" do yo mean that we do not get marshals when using P2A? 

I saw some posts by people having issues with marshalling while using P2A that marshals are only available if MS ATC assigns the gates and not P2A. But, if so happens that P2A assigns the same gate as MS ATC, then the marshal will be there. Is that true?

1 hour ago, drgnkid said:

Hi Dave,

When you mentioned, "The Marshalling services of MSFS are not available to P2A either" do yo mean that we do not get marshals when using P2A? 

I saw some posts by people having issues with marshalling while using P2A that marshals are only available if MS ATC assigns the gates and not P2A. But, if so happens that P2A assigns the same gate as MS ATC, then the marshal will be there. Is that true?

Yep, I'm seeing marshals even when using P2A. It's just that MSFS decides where to place them, P2A does not have control over it.

20 hours ago, woodstock327 said:

Yep, I'm seeing marshals even when using P2A. It's just that MSFS decides where to place them, P2A does not have control over it.

I see, thanks for the info. Looks like I gotta park via external view then.