Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

New Milviz SR-71 Previews

I never knew the SR-71 had three (3) tires per truck.  That's a bit interesting.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Looks amazing - but think I'll hold out for something a bit faster.......?       

Extract from a Dutch’s post in the official forum. I like it, iI hope they  stay true to this, as in « No retreat, baby, no surrender » 😄

The real-world SR-71 is not some kind of super jet that can work miracles, despite how it looks. It’s a special purpose airplane that has a rather narrow flight envelop. It’s delicate and must be handled carefully. You won’t be able to just firewall the throttles and go buzz your house at mach 3. You will be able to reach mach 3.2 at 85,000 feet, but getting there requires precise procedures and getting back down is even more challenging.

Our goal is to include everything unique about the SR-71 that we possibly can, in addition to a complete pilot’s simulation of every control and system. The infamous fuel drip is certainly doable.

23 hours ago, RobF2 said:

Looks amazing - but think I'll hold out for something a bit faster.......?       

actually I’d love to fly slower, subsonic, at 70k+ feet but I doubt we’ll ever see a decent U2 in a sim.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 12/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, Nighthwk said:

We've shared some new pics of our upcoming Blackbird, along with a brief status update on the project.

https://www.facebook.com/Milviz/posts/4835606076483729

The SR71 looks great but not to sound ungrateful back in august you guys were posting tons of pics and info about the ATR and since then nothing. Is it still on the way? is it delayed due to the same issues the other devs are having w asobo constant tweeking?  thanks!

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, wiler said:

The SR71 looks great but not to sound ungrateful back in august you guys were posting tons of pics and info about the ATR and since then nothing. Is it still on the way? is it delayed due to the same issues the other devs are having w asobo constant tweeking?  thanks!

The alternative is having the product announced a couple of  weeks before release like A2A has mostly done in the past  or, like Milviz or PMDG, being announced few months before with accompanying pictures along the way. I understand that some developers are shy about their work to avoid a third rate competitor coming up earlier to eat up in their market  but I'd rather have the latter. The SR71 or the  ATR will come when ready but it is nice to have previews 6 months before release.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This one is intriguing to me.  While I will certainly get far more use out of their ATR once released, I’ll likely buy the SR-71 just to try the challenge of getting it in and out of those narrow corners of the flight envelope that don’t really exist with other aircraft, but how many times will I want to do that?  I doubt I’ll be able to resist though…it’s just so unlike anything else I’ve flown in flight sim.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 hours ago, wiler said:

The ATR is coming along nicely, though most of the progress of late has been in code which is hard to properly showcase while in development. The model and texture set has also been receiving some love, and we think the results will be worth the wait when we start to showcase it.

Edited by Nighthwk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

I’ll likely buy the SR-71 just to try the challenge of getting it in and out of those narrow corners of the flight envelope that don’t really exist with other aircraft, but how many times will I want to do that?  I doubt I’ll be able to resist though…it’s just so unlike anything else I’ve flown in flight sim.

Like the real world, no 2 flights are going to be the same. Trust me when I say that there will be more than enough to keep even the most diehard Blackbird-enthusiast busy on every flight 😉

14 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

You will be able to reach mach 3.2 at 85,000 feet, but getting there requires precise procedures and getting back down is even more challenging.

A Sled Driver (with whom we're consulting with on this project, by the way) was able to push the jet to Mach 3.5 over Libya. Depending on atmospheric conditions and CIT (as well as how clever you are at managing the inlets), you'll be able to go that fast too. 

I'm more interested about when the C310 comes out so I can really enjoy again an aeroplane that I have lots of hours on - so is there any word as to how that one is tracking?

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

8 hours ago, Rattso said:

I'm more interested about when the C310 comes out so I can really enjoy again an aeroplane that I have lots of hours on - so is there any word as to how that one is tracking?

Getting quite close. We're in a pretty advanced beta stage and we're working to get it as close as possible to the real bird before release. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, Dutch727 said:

Milviz has an advanced flight dynamics system (named ADV) that bypasses the sim's internal flight dynamics in cases where the internal isn't adequate.  (The T-38 is another case where it's been used in the past.) This is one of those cases.  We're happy supersonic flight is supported in the sim but we're not dependent on what the sim will allow.

So the SR-71 will also generate a sonic boom when it hits Mach 1 in MSFS, right?  Because the F-18 in MSFS can generate a sonic boom now when it gets to Mach 1.

If Asobo has added supersonic flight support in the MSFS SDK, that functionality to generate a sonic boom should also be available for the SR-71.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

So the SR-71 will also generate a sonic boom when it hits Mach 1 in MSFS, right?  Because the F-18 in MSFS can generate a sonic boom now when it gets to Mach 1.

If Asobo has added supersonic flight support in the MSFS SDK, that functionality to generate a sonic boom should also be available for the SR-71.

If we can make it boom, we'll make it boom.

• Like 2

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

How are you handling the aerial refueling situation, since the SR71 usually tanked almost immediately after takeoff?