Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

Advanced Checklist Operations

22 hours ago, FS++ said:

You'e welcome.

BTW, I just checked the latest Flybywire and they have added functional ADR, IR switches. These will be covered in next update. If anything else was missed, just let us know. That plane is changing every week and there is always room for something to be broken in the process. You cannot interface it without endless maintenance.🙂

Happy new year.

"Endless ,"Maintenance"?

Any idea what that would cost in America to keep GA aircraft up to date?

Your updating Avionics!!!

You MCE guys are the angels of simmers!

God Bless you!

😉

On 1/2/2022 at 5:05 AM, charlie130 said:

P2ATC.. ( Oh god I sound like a word not allowed, sorry!!) Actually does manage ATC aircraft in all (all) the sims!

I mean ALL the sims including MSFS...(UNBELIEVEABLY) It does accomodate aircraft in the sim... I jumped for joy! (Well not actually) When I heard P2ATC announce " You have traffic at FL 070 at 10 miles at 020"!!!

I looked...I saw a traffic there! MSFS????

I apologize for hijacking the threat.

Does P2ATC really "manage" the AI traffic? Or does it simply see/recognize it? When I run P2ATC together with AIG I am usually sent into endless "go arounds", because because AI planes are entering the runway for takeoff while I am on final. 

Sorry again!

Michael

14 hours ago, ms_tw said:

I apologize for hijacking the threat.

Does P2ATC really "manage" the AI traffic? Or does it simply see/recognize it? When I run P2ATC together with AIG I am usually sent into endless "go arounds", because because AI planes are entering the runway for takeoff while I am on final. 

Sorry again!

Michael

Hi.

P2ATC, as far as I know, just recognises it, it doesn't have "control" over the AI. AI just executes its own program and is not directed by P2ATC.

I use Flight 1 Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3d. I get mostly correct traffic alerts from P2Atc. However, on occasion, I get cleared to land and after that an AI F1 UT aircraft "materialises" on the runway. P2ATC then warns me "traffic on runway execute missed approach procedure"!

So it's seeing the traffic as it spawns, but has no control over it. We would need a AI traffic program that's developed with an ATC program. Both programs would need to "talk" go each other. I don't know of any.

UT 2 can be disabled temporarily, if you want to be sure of a clear runway. I guess this isn't cheating, since if ATC cleared you to land, they know the runway is clear and don't expect errant AI to spawn after clearance.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, charlie130 said:

We would need a AI traffic program that's developed with an ATC program. Both programs would need to "talk" go each other.

I totally agree!

Thank you for your reply!

23 hours ago, jackaustin said:

I saw another thread here that discussed what to bring to the field. It seems that I'm carrying more and more with me every time I go. One of the items mentioned was a pre-flight checklist. Sounds like a good idea, especially since I'm often setting up a rocket for each of my three kids at the same time I'm setting up my rocket(s) for launch. I'm bound to forget something.

Anyone have a pre-flight checklist they use? I'm guessing it should be fairly simple.

Hi

Which plane?