Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

ActiveSky issue with new 5.3 HF+1

I've downloaded the new AS version for the 5.3 HF 5.1 with the lights fix. When trying to run ActiveSky I get the following message:

We were unable to located requried folders/files. Please browse to your Prepar3D Application Data Location in the next screen. If you are running in a networked configuration, select the proper share.

Can someone tell me where this folder is / what I should do next? It was fine on the hotfix, but with the hotfix update and the new version of ActiveSky I get this.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Are you sure you are trying open Active Sky for P3D v5.

It also seems to install a version for P3D v4, and I got that message when I clicked on the wrong version.

Calum Watt

Just now, WestEnd said:

Are you sure you are trying open Active Sky for P3D v5.

It also seems to install a version for P3D v4, and I got that message when I clicked on the wrong version.

I'm definitely trying to open the P3D5 version

64.0 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've downloaded the new AS version for the 5.3 HF 5.1 with the lights fix. When trying to run ActiveSky I get the following message:

We were unable to located requried folders/files. Please browse to your Prepar3D Application Data Location in the next screen. If you are running in a networked configuration, select the proper share.

Can someone tell me where this folder is / what I should do next? It was fine on the hotfix, but with the hotfix update and the new version of ActiveSky I get this.

Uninstall the AS Connector package, then reinstall it by attempting to run ASP3D again after the uninstall is finished.

Mine is located at C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ActiveSkyP5

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Strangely it starts fine if P3D is already running...

64.0 GB RAM

42 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Strangely it starts fine if P3D is already running...

That could be Admin Rights....right click on the A.S. Icon and run under Admin...see if that helps you...

If you haven't run P3D yet, only installed it from a fresh install, some certain files/indexes won't be there and it may not properly validate the installation.  In this case just running P3D once will resolve that.

• Like 4

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hey @Damian -- just a quick post to thank you for you and HiFi's continuing support of P3D. It is very much appreciated, especially in this holiday season!

Happy Holidays to you and the HiFi staff!

P.

• Like 5

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, pgde said:

Hey @Damian -- just a quick post to thank you for you and HiFi's continuing support of P3D. It is very much appreciated, especially in this holiday season!

Happy Holidays to you and the HiFi staff!

P.

Thank you, you are very welcome and we are honored to have such great support of our ongoing efforts for P3D.  Happy Holidays everyone!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian !  Merry Christmas and Happy 2022 !!!

Active Sky Rulezzzz !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Damian Clark said:

we are honored to have such great support of our ongoing efforts for P3D

And we are honored to have you and your amazing product.
As you can see, for many of us having a working version of ActiveSky is a necessary condition to even install the latest sim.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

One reason for this message is a missing p3d.config. I have had this myself once i´ve installed P3D, deleted my config to let it rebuild new, but before i start P3D i usually start AS usually an got this message. After the config was rebuild by a first start of the sim AS started without any problems.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, BerndB said:

One reason for this message is a missing p3d.config. I have had this myself once i´ve installed P3D, deleted my config to let it rebuild new, but before i start P3D i usually start AS usually an got this message. After the config was rebuild by a first start of the sim AS started without any problems.

I think this was the cause. Thanks so much. B

64.0 GB RAM

4 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Thank you, you are very welcome and we are honored to have such great support of our ongoing efforts for P3D.  Happy Holidays everyone!

Thank you!!! Happy Holidays!!! 🎄

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg