Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

This is the best thatFSX has to offer?.

Guest chinga

>Hello,>>Now I'm getting somewhere. Don't ask me how I got 130 and 116>FPS because I don't know. The screenshots on the other hand>look much better.>What did you do mike?

>I know Mike! I know!>>I am truly bummed' out. I did the same as you scene for>scene, and FS9 looked good, JUST like the screen shot you>posted. I have an excellent monitor as well, and>FSX...well..Ok...I'm just going to say it...looks like a 25>cent-in-the-slot ARCADE GAME.>>Flame suit on....>>I thought that when I had the performance (and SP1 DOES give>me that performance) I'd change my feelings that I am sitting>somewhere in a bar 'playing' a flying game. My points are up>to 1000 for three successful landings, lol.>>Just joking, but that is the feel for myself. Of course not>for everybody.>>I now have used FSX with decent performance AND with all the>scenery sliders maxed.>>Compared to FS9? Doesn't cut it. Doesn't cut it.>>Bill Gates was looking for a different crowd and age group>with this release. Thank GAWD for FS9!!!!!>>See you in the FS9 forum.>>Cheers!>>MitchHello Mitch!... If I was a newbe to flight simming and fired up FS9 versus FSX using the default Caravan, this is what I'd get! :7 FS9http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171812.jpgFSXhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171814.jpgThen I'd be wondering what's really ARCADE, and what's not! :-lol But never the less, I've been using FSX along with FS9 for a good half year now, and find that it has many strengths, and is far from the crowd you describe! :-hah Regards as usual, L.Adamson

Hey Mitch-take a look at some of the Tileproxy shots in the screenshot forum when you talk about cartoonish-hardly...Cartoonish is a matter of opinion of course-but I deleted fs9 cause I happened to feel that way about it. Let's not get into the fs9/fsx wars once again-if you like fs9 better great. If some like fsx better great! Cartoons-well both are pretty cartoony compared to the real thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Everyone should be happy to have achoice of what they consider the perfect sim-be it fs9 or fsx. By the way-"the different age group"? I am going to turn 50 in a few months-is that the group Bill is going after-the over 50 real pilots? :-lolhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Hi,What I have right now is a start, It still needs more work.This is what was changed in my FSX.CFG file1. TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=3252. FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.903. AFFINITY_MASK=34. LOD_RADIUS=8.000000

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

>By the way-"the different age group"? I am going to turn 50 in>a few months-is that the group Bill is going after-the over 50>real pilots? :-lolIt must be, because I'm 56 and usually prefer FSX! :-lol L.Adamson

>Hi,>>What I have right now is a start, It still needs more work.>>This is what was changed in my FSX.CFG file>>1. TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=325>>2. FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.90>>3. AFFINITY_MASK=3>>4. LOD_RADIUS=8.000000>>That is weird, theoretically those settings, should reduce performance!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Tom,It did bring my FPS down, but I'm still running in the low 20's at the airport to the upper 60's at FL300 and above.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It really depends on what floats your boat... I, for one, find the roads running right through the houses less than satisfactory..FSX, by comparison, really can look quite convincing.. : - )

Bert

So what's your point? If you don't like it then simply uninstall it. Craig

>Hi Tom,>>It did bring my FPS down, but I'm still running in the low>20's at the airport to the upper 60's at FL300 and above.That's in line with what I see with my rig. low to mid twenties at JFK with 100% traffic, at high alt upper 40's to 50's with clouds, and upper 50's to mid 60's with fewer clouds! Elsewhere I in the upper 20's to 30's on the ground, even at major airports. I just raised, my fiber setting to .90 like yours, and don't see a noticeable perf hit like pre SP1. I was thinking, If you set your afinity to run on core 3 and 4, you may be able to get more of a boost, since most of the system apps, are probably using the first core or 2. If I read it right, that would be an afinity setting of 12 (Octal 14 Or binary 1100).

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>Turn your visibility down. It's more realistic. I know you're>a real life pilot but how often can you see all the way to a>150nm horizon ?>>Which line in fsx.cfg controls visibility? How do you notch it down? I'm using real weather so customized weather ui is not available. In fs9.cfg there is a line that I usually set to 49000.Thanks.

You think its hes monitor thats causing these blurries LOL, omg what a a really excited user.

But then of course as a newbie installing the plain vanilla sims without any patches the FS-X screens would move along like a slide show and FS-9 would give the impression of moving smooth.BTW The FS-X hardware detection is horrible when you're on a AMD X2. People with that processor would rate FS9 much higher due to the horrible default suggested settings.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg