Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Vanilla install of p3dv5.3 CTD

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hardware specs aren’t that different

On the GPU side there were some changes, that may be overseen by people who were lucky to have an older card which already has DX12 like you Ray. But if you have an old card, like GTX1080 without Ti, it may be DX11 only.

@doublebubble what is your GPU?

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

From memory he has a decent spec system. As he’s on the other side of the planet it’ll be a while before we hear back.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

On the GPU side there were some changes, that may be overseen by people who were lucky to have an older card which already has DX12 like you Ray. But if you have an old card, like GTX1080 without Ti, it may be DX11 only.

@doublebubble what is your GPU?

Over-looked? Don't think so. My GTX1080 works fine with the 5.3 ++ version. Loads fine, just don't change options too often, as with 4.5, it doesn't like too much change.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Well it's now obvious that my gtx970 can't handle 2048 textures in p3dv5, drop it down to 1024 and no ctd, works fine at 1024, obviously time to upgrade, thanks for the replies and suggestions.

• Like 2