Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

Lear 45 Enhancement

If you like to fly the default Lear then Alexander Barthel's Learjet 45 enhancements is a must. Fixes bugs, ads map, radar altimeter and other things. He's done a great job. It's here at Avsim as a download today. Thanks Alex great job!!

Guest RonB49

Thanks Alex and thank you Owen for bringing it to our attention. R-

I'll admit that it's a very nice enhancement, but frankly am quite surprised that AVSIM allows folks to upload ACES' intellectual property... considering that it violates MS' EULA. :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Lemme drop in here as the author of these packages.I'm well aware of this problem - that the modified packages could violate copyright. Microsoft did not seem to be too concerned about this in the past. And if you look into the file archives, you will find a lot of files that violate the EULA. I can give you a list if you want.So if Avsim feels the need to remove these files - they should do it. It's their place. But that would be a very sad thing. All I can do to mitigate this is to the limit the upload to Avsim and forbid further distribution.Alex

Thank you very much, Alex! It is a great improvement to the Lear45. I just wish someone would shut the damned door one day or draw a wall behind the pilots' seat, to fully complete it. Edited mdl? SP2 could fix it in one of the most enjoyable plane in FSX.

I definitely agree. Thank you Alex, with your enhancements the Lear is now my favorite plane. Great job!

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

>Lemme drop in here as the author of these packages.>>I'm well aware of this problem - that the modified packages>could violate copyright. Microsoft did not seem to be too>concerned about this in the past. Alex, don't misunderstand me here. I personally think it's great that neither ACES nor AVSIM seem to object!It simply seems quite inconsistent behavior, when considering the very hardline stance recently taken over the issue of possible copyright infringment in video content...Truth be told, many "third-party" XML gauges available are - at their core - modified versions of default XML gauges... ;)Even the XML GNS530/430 packages are "coded" using cut-n-pasted @Macros and mouse routines taken directly from the default GPS code.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Alex, don't misunderstand me here. I personally think it's>great that neither ACES nor AVSIM seem to object!No problem. Got it. I don't think there is a need for an RIAA/MPAA like organization with an army of lawyers here. Maybe we should avoid waking any sleeping dogs ;-)>It simply seems quite inconsistent behavior, when considering>the very hardline stance recently taken over the issue of>possible copyright infringment in video content...Yeah. I noticed that. On the first look it seems to be ridiculous, but they probably got scared when YouTube ran into trouble. See above mentioned four letter organizations. So finally it makes sense.>Truth be told, many "third-party" XML gauges available are ->at their core - modified versions of default XML gauges... ;)>>Even the XML GNS530/430 packages are "coded" using>cut-n-pasted @Macros and mouse routines taken directly from>the default GPS code.To solve the copyright problem you could use a patch program, which uses only the differences of the modified gauges and adds them to the original gauges. I thought about that, but it is way too much effort and would cause a lot of installation problems. And you would violate the EULA anyway. BTW: EULAs are not enforceable in European and many other countries AFAIK. Three greensAlex

>Maybe we should avoid waking any sleeping dogs ;-).

These enhancements are awesome! All that is left, for me at least, is to somehow incorporate TCAS and Weather into the EICAS and I would be in heaven!

>These enhancements are awesome! All that is left, for me at>least, is to somehow incorporate TCAS and Weather into the>EICAS and I would be in heaven!Indeed. This is a great addition to the default EICAS.Nice work, Alex.As for TCAS, I've integrated the FSX radar gauge into several of my default EICAS displays. It's a fairly easy thing to do once you knowwhat lines of code are needed. It's not really TCAS, as it doesn't give warnings or advisories but it does display all the AI trafficwithin the selected range.I had originaly added the radar to the default Lear 45 panelas a selectable option on the EICAS display, along with 2Dpopup windows for settng the various radar display optionsand displaying radar track info.I just did a quick mod to this new Lear 45 implementation and indeed, the radar display can be added easily. As I haveit currently implemented it is displayed anytime the MAPfuction is selected but I think I'll create a seperate gaugeto enable/disable the radar display in MAP mode, since at longer range settings, the display can get rather cluttered.More on this when I get time to tweak a bit more. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi All,the FSX GPS (not the gauge, which is still the same as in FS9) matured to an amazing thing.You can find a lot of hints in the Garmin 1000 gauges.I already noticed that you can display traffic somehow. I'd like to incorporate this into the 737 and CRJ updates (don't ask me when ;-)).So traffic display is definitely doable.Aural TCAS warnings could be done by adding a third party gauge. But the planes won't be highlighted on the display when an advisory pops up.For weather display you also need a third party gauge. But this cannot be combined with the GPS display. Thanks for all the positive feedback.Alex

@Paul and @ Alex:Thanks, guys, very much appreciated. Just pls leave a note in this thread when ready. :)

Have to add my thanks to Alex for the update. Finally a DME for VOR2. I can now delete the king air gauge I added :-)Any chance of a similar fix for the CRJ? It also lacks a DME for the VOR2Thanks again Alex, great job...Bill