Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Watson

Roman (spokes2112)

Good Day All,

I'm not sure how many of you may already be aware but I thought I'd let this community know, Roman passed away yesterday morning after a fight with cancer.  I have been absent myself for quite a while so I am not too sure how many of you knew what Roman was dealing with or that he may have not been doing well.

Perhaps in the new year we can plan a memorial flight in his honor.

spacer.png

spacer.png

So sorry to hear this. Spokes contributed so many unique and innovative projects to the community. 

Gosh, so sad to hear this has finally come. Roman was such a terrific friend to all of us. A wonderful man.

Thanks for the note, Eamon.
Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Well said Mike. There are loads of things going round in my head, but none of them do enough to express how sad this is. A truly nice man.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Roman was a wonderful comrade and valued friend.  I will miss him.

Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I am sorry to hear of this news. Although I am probably one of the newer members in this group felt a genuine friendship with Roman and he cultivated camaraderie in this group. Rest in peace Roman. You will always will be remembered as a special member of this team.  

Norm

Edited by nbrich1

I'm so sorry to hear that. Roman was always very helpful, a great comrade. He will be missed by all of us.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Fly on brother!

Our prayers for the peace of God's grace to Roman's family, and to Team AVSIM.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

It is with great sadness reading of  the passing of Roman,

although I can't fly with the group at present I still read of your flights  & think of the many superb  screenshots supplied  by Roman.

deepest condolances to Romans Family

regsrds

It is so sad to find out that Roman is gone. I wish his family and friends nothing but comfort and good memories during this difficult time.

I still remember the 2017 RTW race. He flew wingman with me when Team Flightsim had so much difficulty that year and we were moving the (by then unofficial) Baton back to the start. So much respect and such a fond memory. It goes without saying that we already miss him terribly.

and for you, Roman,

No more pain, only good things

And as I always say,

Fair skies and following winds

Ponch

Edited by ponchovilla
syntax

Roman was someone I enjoyed flying with and learning from. His knowledge was deep and vast. He epitomized what an aviation enthusiast is. Fly high and rest in peace Roman! ~ Travis

PS I agree, it would be nice to have a team flight in his honor. He loved EAA and all it had to offer (see pictures with aviation pinups!). It might be a nice thing if we all maybe do our own  "EAA fly in" of the sort. Pick a weekend and just fly in. Nothing fancy but truly memorable.

Travis.png?dl=1

Raises his mug in a toast to our fallen brothers. 🍺

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I didn’t know him - but I knew of him. 
He was a very very intelligent person. His knowledge was staggering.
He would always help you if he could.

Rest in peace, Roman.

Luke Pype