Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The "I don't get it" post...

P3D....P3D v5.3 HF1(light fix) is simply stunning running performance, and as well, stunning, clear, crisp Orbx graphics...and A.I.

What...what did the L.M. software engineers DO...to this version's coding that they did NOT do, in any other prior last two or three version .x's...?!!?!?!?

I am not a software engineer, but...I do ponder, that these talented coding artists have not just climbed out from under a rock, within one version....so....I ask myself...WHY did we not have THIS SIM version....two or three (at least!) versions ago?!?!?  What was the Epiphany with this version? (v5.3 HF1+1)...

Folks, I just don't get it...that all along...barely a noticeable improvement and/or upgrade, ..but all of sudden, from out from 'left field'...I now have the most spectacular P3D EVER...running right now.  The performance is gob-smacking!  The graphic elements are gobsmacking So...WHAT...did they do to the code?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!     But until L.M decides to chime in...and answer my question, I guess that I will be forced to endure this amazing...'fresh outta the can' flight simulator....and suffer through fabulous scenery, fabulous FPS performance,  well, just have to suffer the all of it, I guess.

Seriously am having the time of my life right now.....P3D v5.3 HF1+1 is rocking my flight sim world....what a gobsmacking...'diamond', they (L.M) have turned out....WOW!  WOW! WOW!

Screenshot-402.png

Screenshot-407.png

Screenshot-408.png

Screenshot-411.png

Screenshot-412.png

Screenshot-413.png

Screenshot-414.png

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

P3D....P3D v5.3 HF1(light fix) is simply stunning running performance, and as well, stunning, clear, crisp Orbx graphics...and A.I.

What...what did the L.M. software engineers DO...to this version's coding that they did NOT do, in any other prior last two or three version .x's...?!!?!?!?

I am not a software engineer, but...I do ponder, that these talented coding artists have not just climbed out from under a rock, within one version....so....I ask myself...WHY did we not have THIS SIM version....two or three (at least!) versions ago?!?!?  What was the Epiphany with this version? (v5.3 HF1+1)...

Folks, I just don't get it...that all along...barely a noticeable improvement and/or upgrade, ..but all of sudden, from out from 'left field'...I now have the most spectacular P3D EVER...running right now.  The performance is gob-smacking!  The graphic elements are gobsmacking So...WHAT...did they do to the code?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!     But until L.M decides to chime in...and answer my question, I guess that I will be forced to endure this amazing...'fresh outta the can' flight simulator....and suffer through fabulous scenery, fabulous FPS performance,  well, just have to suffer the all of it, I guess.

Seriously am having the time of my life right now.....P3D v5.3 HF1+1 is rocking my flight sim world....what a gobsmacking...'diamond', they (L.M) have turned out....WOW!  WOW! WOW!

Ses

Could Directstorage be a factor? 

I know how you feel. Now, if I want to fly, I don't even consider the other sim. I just crank up P3D. It's strange.

I think it's something in the water.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

12 minutes ago, 40track said:

Could Directstorage be a factor? 

I don't know what that is?  Can you advise me?  Thanks

11 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I know how you feel. Now, if I want to fly, I don't even consider the other sim. I just crank up P3D. It's strange.

I think it's something in the water.

The water?  You and me both, Brother!   First and foremost, I am an  Amphib Guy....in both P3D and MSFS, I live on the water....:)   But..who has the best water out there?  Hand's down...(right now...)  P3D v5.3 HF1 (light fix).

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

I, for one, have failed to notice any significant difference between 5.2 and 5.3 in either visuals or performance. Not that I was complaining about either before...

Perhaps my system was optimized to begin with so the overhead was small or maybe I just don't know how to optimize it to get all that great stuff people are raving about.

I'm running EA in hybrid mode (no volumetric clouds) and I left AM to whatever the sim and  the FSL configurator had set (in my case all 16 cores on).

I am happy that you are happy guys, however I still use P3D v4.5 for my VR flights. Version 5.X is a "no-go" for me, 8GB VRAM (1080) is not enough even with EA off and graphic cards are too expensive and/or unavailable. Vanilla v5 stutters in VR (with all settings recommendations from R&D guide for performance and VRAM saving), v4.5 runs smooth with all addons (and shaders) installed. And I don't like too dark VC in NGXu with EA/HDR on, but this requires to be fixed by aircraft developer. It's really great P3D is getting better and better.

Have a great day/night.

Edited by AdiR
  • Upvote 1

Adrian

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Updates are small, wish LM would move faster.  I think one of the important performance changes made that has help many that can find the sweet spot in their hardware is the new JobScheduler settings ... example:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=255
P3DCoreAffinityMask=255
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

In theory does it make sense to move P3D's MainThreadScheduler elsewhere from Core0 which is the most busy core that runs loads of general Windows' tasks?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

Yours definitely looks better than mine although I agree my first flight in 5.3 coming from 4.5 was pretty eye opening.  Definitely wasn't expecting that much of a jump!

Would you mind sharing your settings, are you using Nvidia Control Panel?  You water looks much sharper!

I am not using an AM/Job scheduler yet, are you Mitch? 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

5 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

In theory does it make sense to move P3D's MainThreadScheduler elsewhere from Core0 which is the most busy core that runs loads of general Windows' tasks?

Thanks.

Short answer, not really

As long as you leave a core free for Windows/ 3rd party apps somewhere in your AM, the windows job scheduler does a good job of placing threads where they will run optimally

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, AdiR said:

I am happy that you are happy guys, however I still use P3D v4.5 for my VR flights. Version 5.X is a "no-go" for me, 8GB VRAM (1080) is not enough even with EA off and graphic cards are too expensive and/or unavailable. Vanilla v5 stutters in VR (with all settings recommendations from R&D guide for performance and VRAM saving), v4.5 runs smooth with all addons (and shaders) installed. And I don't like too dark VC in NGXu with EA/HDR on, but this requires to be fixed by aircraft developer. It's really great P3D is getting better and better.

Have a great day/night.

I fully agree on the V5 is stuttering in VR. I am a beta tester and encounter this issue since 5.0 were the stutter was introduced. My guess is, it has something to do with the new water rendering or ea rendering. 

I have a top notch system. 10 cores and 3090 GPU.  

I am seeking guys like you to confirm what I am struggling with. I've made videos and showed it at LM. But they don't pick it up and solve it. 

Thanks for sharing here. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, psolk said:

Yours definitely looks better than mine although I agree my first flight in 5.3 coming from 4.5 was pretty eye opening.  Definitely wasn't expecting that much of a jump!

Would you mind sharing your settings, are you using Nvidia Control Panel?  You water looks much sharper!

I am not using an AM/Job scheduler yet, are you Mitch? 

Merry and Happy Holidays, Paul.   Paul, here's everything to get me to my screen shots:

I am using the default Job Scheduler that the .cfg file built on the fresh install. It sits in your .cfg file at the very bottom.  I think that a lot of folks don't know that the .cfg file builds that itself, and so they add the section to the top of the file as we did for FSX and all other prior versions.  

nVidia 471.96 and find this suite to be about the best for my GTX1070 (non Ti) 8GB and the following settings:

I use a locked 33 FPS inside the nVidia mask, and set my FPS in sim to 120.  That gives butter smooth animation. If any other questions, feel free to ask further.  

Screenshot-346.png

Screenshot-347.png

Screenshot-348.png

Screenshot-349.png

Screenshot-350.png

Screenshot-351.png

Screenshot-352.png

Screenshot-425.png

Screenshot-422.png

Screenshot-423.png

Screenshot-424.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Merry and Happy Holidays, Paul.   Paul, here's everything to get me to my screen shots:

I am using the default Job Scheduler that the .cfg file built on the fresh install. It sits in your .cfg file at the very bottom.  I think that a lot of folks don't know that the .cfg file builds that itself, and so they add the section to the top of the file as we did for FSX and all other prior versions.  

nVidia 471.96 and find this suite to be about the best for my GTX1070 (non Ti) 8GB and the following settings:

I use a locked 33 FPS inside the nVidia mask, and set my FPS in sim to 120.  That gives butter smooth animation. If any other questions, feel free to ask further.  

Wow Mitch, thank you so much!!!

Very Merry Christmas Morning to you and yours, hope it is a wonderful holiday!  Your settings are actually cranked compared to mine.  Perhaps I am being far too conservative.  It's funny, my performance was stellar so I was wondering if I should be turning some settings up and your post absolutely confirms I should!

Thank you so much again, couldn't agree more, I am as blown away with this release as you are!  Simply incredible job by the LM team.  It's not just an incremental from 4.5, it's a major upgrade but still all the "comforts" we are familiar with from 4.5.  At least for myself.

Off to watch the Webb Telescope launch now! Posting the link in Hangar Chat if it's not already there.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Multiple embedded images in quote removed
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg