Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

'206' in P3Dv5.3

I had it running okay in P3Dv4 but does not work in '5.3'.  Is it not compatible or, is there an update, please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

1 hour ago, G7USL said:

I had it running okay in P3Dv4 but does not work in '5.3'.  Is it not compatible or, is there an update, please?

Nothing working or just certain functions not working?

I was able to load the 206 up from a cold start, start it up and take-off ok in P3DV5.3HF1+light fix.   I installed the 206 when P3DV5 came out and have not had to reinstall since and it has worked in various P3DV5 versions ok.

John C.

• Like 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

18 hours ago, johncott said:

Nothing working or just certain functions not working?

I was able to load the 206 up from a cold start, start it up and take-off ok in P3DV5.3HF1+light fix.   I installed the 206 when P3DV5 came out and have not had to reinstall since and it has worked in various P3DV5 versions ok.

John C.

Hello John.

After installing the plane, It never appeared within the aircraft list.

Dave Taylor gb.png

15 minutes ago, G7USL said:

Hello John.

After installing the plane, It never appeared within the aircraft list.

Not trying to sound like a tech support guy (lol), but did you try the recommendations on the Carenado Website? Here is a link: https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046625614-Installing-Carenado-aircraft-in-P3Dv5

Also did you check to see where the 206 is installed? Mine is installed in the main Prepar3D folder SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado CT206H_Stationair.

John C.

• Upvote 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

15 hours ago, johncott said:

Not trying to sound like a tech support guy (lol), but did you try the recommendations on the Carenado Website? Here is a link: https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046625614-Installing-Carenado-aircraft-in-P3Dv5

Also did you check to see where the 206 is installed? Mine is installed in the main Prepar3D folder SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado CT206H_Stationair.

John C.

I found it had made a new P3D5 folder, all of it's own, so I copied and pasted it into the main folder but it has holes in the panel and is unflyable. Never mind.

Thank you John. I wish you a Happy New year, my friend.

Edited by G7USL

Dave Taylor gb.png

5 hours ago, G7USL said:

I found it had made a new P3D5 folder, all of it's own, so I copied and pasted it into the main folder but it has holes in the panel and is unflyable. Never mind.

Thank you John. I wish you a Happy New year, my friend.

Holes in the panels? Are these holes where gauges are suppose to be or are all the gauges there but you can see through the panel texture?  If the panel textures are missing, it could be the copy protection that Carenado uses.  If gauges are missing, then the gauges are not in the right folder.  In either case it's probably best to uninstall and reinstall making sure the installer points to your main P3D5 folder. 

John C.

• Like 1

John C.

22 hours ago, johncott said:

Holes in the panels? Are these holes where gauges are suppose to be or are all the gauges there but you can see through the panel texture?  If the panel textures are missing, it could be the copy protection that Carenado uses.  If gauges are missing, then the gauges are not in the right folder.  In either case it's probably best to uninstall and reinstall making sure the installer points to your main P3D5 folder. 

John C.

The panel textures are missing.

Dave Taylor gb.png

1 hour ago, G7USL said:

The panel textures are missing.

Here is a link for a missing texture panels fix.

VC Transparent in P3Dv5 - Carenado General Forum - The AVSIM Community

John C.

• Like 1

John C.