Sign in to follow this  
Pr1cegum

Majestic Q400 Autopilot

hi, i have noticed over my last few flights that when the autopilot is turned on its following the path nav, hdg, etc but in doing so is banking slightly right or left i have tried with putting no fwd cargo in but that dosent seem to do the trick

any help would be much appreciated,

Julius

Rudder Trim, maybe?

• Like 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Hi,

As the wind throws the aircraft off the route path, it keeps trying to correct the deviation by banking, since the dash has no auto rudder. Therefore, you need to adjust rudder trim manually to eliminate that. In the PFD, look for the triangles on top of the horizontal stabilizer and adjust rudder trim until the triangles align.

I think this is the explanation, others please correct me if I'm wrong!

Regards,

Bruno.

• Like 2

Bruno Duarte

You could alternatively change/lower the following setting in your mjc84.ini file in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini :

YAW_DUE_TO_PROPWASH    =1.0

8 hours ago, Bruno Duarte said:

Hi,

As the wind throws the aircraft off the route path, it keeps trying to correct the deviation by banking, since the dash has no auto rudder. Therefore, you need to adjust rudder trim manually to eliminate that. In the PFD, look for the triangles on top of the horizontal stabilizer and adjust rudder trim until the triangles align.

I think this is the explanation, others please correct me if I'm wrong!

Regards,

Bruno.

Actually this is because of the torque produced by the very powerful propellers that you have to manually adjust the rudder trim.

Rudder is never used to compensate for wind during flight, you just adjust your heading so that it offsets the resultant wind component. The only time when rudder could be used against wind would be during take off and landing manoeuvrers, however techniques may vary depending on the aircraft.

Cheers 🙂

Edited by TopGun33

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

17 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

Actually this is because of the torque produced by the very powerful propellers that you have to manually adjust the rudder trim.

Rudder is never used to compensate for wind during flight, you just adjust your heading so that it offsets the resultant wind component. The only time when rudder could be used against wind would be during take off and landing manoeuvrers, however techniques may vary depending on the aircraft.

Cheers 🙂

Well, there you have it! Thanks for this and sorry all for spreading wrong information 😣

Cheers!

Bruno Duarte

You're welcome 🙂

Every other input is appreciated 🙂

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

I have had the Majestic Q400 since it was first released.

Honestly, I don't know how real pilots manage to fly that Beast...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

I have had the Majestic Q400 since it was first released.

Honestly, I don't know how real pilots manage to fly that Beast...

Having two guys/gals up front certainly helps I guess 😄