Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

SP1 installation problems

Hi allI need help here with something that is pissing me off badly.I uninstalled FSX because i wanted to install it from scratch for SP1. The problem is that now i can't install it anymore. During installation it asks for the second DVD, i insert it but it is not recognized. I tried to explore the files in it and it shows no files. In other computer there is no problem, all the files are there. I heard this can be an issue related to DVD software installed on the computer, like Nero Roxio or Interv

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

>Hi all>>I need help here with something that is pissing me off badly.>I uninstalled FSX because i wanted to install it from scratch>for SP1. The problem is that now i can't install it anymore.>During installation it asks for the second DVD, i insert it>but it is not recognized. I tried to explore the files in it>and it shows no files. In other computer there is no problem,>all the files are there. I heard this can be an issue related>to DVD software installed on the computer, like Nero Roxio or>Interv

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?Joel @ CYVR (not far from CYNJ, really)

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest Maxulli

Now I got the same problem. Both DVD drives in my desktop cannot read the DVD 2 for re-installation/repair. Tried to install FSX on my notebook - and the installation was completed without problems. So the DVD should be okay. Did you find any solution to get the DVD running?ThanksUlli

I recently had a similar problem, but the issue occurred part way through the first CD. Did you receive an error saying could not read a specific file, e.g. Error 1335 error reading ....cab or somesuch message? I also had issues when installing FSX originally and had to make sure that system had max free memory (virtual/physical) available when installing.This time my virtual memory was set on the C: drive, where I had some 34 GBytes of free space. I changed my virtual memory to my other FSX drive (F: - where I had some 120 GBytes of free space), and I then did not get any problems installing.I would suggest if possible using whichever drive has the most space, as your virtual memory drive. If you only have the one harddrive, then try freeing as much space as possible, clean booting, stopping any unnecessary programmes and trying the install again.Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373