Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

I gotta tell you:

Guest wyoming

I was getting bored but Tileproxy seriously unbored me. Some tiles are just breath-taking and the sense of immersion is sometimes bewildering. Of course the coverage is imperfect, but flying over the real thing is just priceless. There's just no way this is not the way. Period.Thanks cbuchner for your persistence, for the elegance of the realization and for a pleasure I had almost forgotten!

Guest fatboysim

I'll second that. Never thought I'd be able to recreate a flight I once made around Boulder, CO. in FSX but now I have and it was spectacular. Just imagine what this will be like combined with a more detailed mesh. I too say a huge thank you to cbuchner. Just tell us what you need from the Avsim community to progress you project and I'm sure many of us will be only too willing to help.

>I was getting bored but Tileproxy seriously unbored me. Some>tiles are just breath-taking and the sense of immersion is>sometimes bewildering. Of course the coverage is imperfect,>but flying over the real thing is just priceless. There's just>no way this is not the way. Period.>Thanks cbuchner for your persistence, for the elegance of the>realization and for a pleasure I had almost forgotten!Is there a download URL?

Guest spiffy_scimitar

Let's see some screenshots already!

Guest sunstriker

Hican I have a bit of help with this one please I got it running but watching the file transfer its gving up a lot so loading time is too long and its not really working and I have to terminate the batch this means I get all sorts of textures but of course it doesnt complete the build of the land?so it works in principal ; what am I doing wrong?OH and now all my usa textures are screwed - serves me right for messing around lol - any way to restore them?Rich

Guest fatboysim

What error do you get Rich? Sometimes I see a "404" error but it seems to come and go. Can you get your original config back by restoring your scenery.cfg from the backup TileProxy made, or otherwise disabling the areas in the scenery library?

Guest sunstriker

Hi m8wellwhat a messI need a bit of help lolstep away from the keyboard lolit just kept saying retry fail so I guess I havent set anything up right just ran it as it was what a numptywalk me through rescue please lolany help appreciated but I have to go now up early tomoz will ask again thenRich

Guest fatboysim

Hi Rich,Try cutting and pasting the web page addresses from the "load filter driver" window into your browser and see if it displays a tile. Otherwise cut and paste what it says here and I'll try.I'm no expert, just trying to feel my way through it all. Stick with it, it's more than worth it.Simon

Guest sunstriker

fat boyIve read up a lot now and will be able to get scenery back by unchecking the 100 world entries in scenic librarycant get tileproxy to work though using configs in the other threads just says unable to resolve server and loops.Rich

Guest grapesh

Instead of unchecking them manually, you can restore your scenery.cfg file (tileproxy makes scenery.cfg.bak) somewhere in your C:/Docs and Settings/All Users/... =S.V.=

Guest sunstriker

Heythx for thatRich

Guest cbuchner1

I just took all my high res screenshots on flickr down to cover my a** legally. Sorry ;)

Guest cbuchner1

>I was getting bored but Tileproxy seriously unbored me. Today I started trying California's airports from A-Z. I am at Anza right now. Angwin-Parrett was quite good, lots of mountains and lakes nearby... Flying at dusk makes the terrain appear much more lively and generates wonderful terrain shadows.