Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

I never really did commuters or bizz-jets in flight simulation, but the enthusiastic feedback I've been getting from Alexis, my great simmer friend from Brasil now living "next to me" in Porta-Land ( probably the most beautiful place in the whole World to live ! if not for other reasons, because of the great chicas - comment meant for Zulfi here !!! ), motivated me to follow this project.

X-Aviation / Hotstart has announced the imminent release. Alexis owns the TBM-900 and all he has to say about it is that it is a unique experience, of detail, accuracy and simulation quality and performance.

The author, a guy with the "totoritko" alias ( or something like that 🙂 ) is a perfectionist, does "low level" C++ coding which optimizes the performance of his creations, and has been implementing a huge / complex / fantastic collection of features in the products he creates or helps creating.

Looking fwd for that Challenger !!! It's a Challenge for sure ! And while it'll be released for X-Plane 11 now, I believe it'll get a free update into v 12 ( ? )

As a tease of implemented details, including the mnodelling of non-ISA pressure lapse rates, here's a video he created to explain how it is implemented in the 650:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Looks like the aircraft has pretty good specs:

RANGE: Maximum range: 4,000 nm
SPEED MACH: Top speed 0.85, High speed cruise 0.82, Typical cruise speed 0.80
OPERATING ALTITUDE: Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft, Initial cruise altitude (MTOW) 37,000 ft

I hope the X-Plane version does an excellent job of simulating the aircraft. It will be nice to have a bizjet with Trans-Atlantic capability.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

48 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Synthetic vision?

Don't know... will search...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hm, on another note, where is this Porta Land?😀

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

1 hour ago, Wildblue said:

Hm, on another note, where is this Porta Land?😀

Ah ! The Land of the Porto wine !!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

Synthetic vision?

This looks to be the most detailed addon for xp - maybe for any sim

And yes to SYN VIS

51775956602_3bd2c42a47_o.jpg06.jpg.5a58ed87bc77e1bd0e460251dc52a8a8 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What is the company name/ website producing it?

Peter Osborn

20 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

What is the company name/ website producing it?

Dev is Hot Start - publisher is X-Aviation

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hot Start

Thanks Ryan. i see the announcment on " Threshold" . This sets a new bar for simming....

Peter Osborn

It's the kind of add-on that could well relief me from WW2 games where I spent all of my $40 budget for a simming Christmas present for myself 🙂 - bought Tank Crew for IL-2 Great Battles 🙂 but wasn't aware they didn't have an FMC 😕

Also the kind of add-on that can turn a simulator platform into a specific aircraft simulator. It's probably like if Aerowinx PSX got the grapics of X-Plane 11, and in the future maybe X-Plane 12.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Can't wait to try it in X-Plane 12

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

11 hours ago, Sethos said:

Can't wait to try it in X-Plane 12

XP11 version will be the best you can get in flight sim for a while yet

Hot-Start-Challenge-650-for-XPL-Release-

Hot-Start-Challenge-650-for-XPL-Release-

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

This looks great.

I’m heavily into Biz Jets. However, I’ve never had Xplane!  (90%P3DV5. 10%MSFS.) 

I don’t mind a £60 investment but what else is essential?  

If I’m into systems and online flying and not too bothered about eye candy could you guys suggest minimum shopping list for Xplane adding. (cost). 

And please tempt me with the other superior biz jets I could add. 

Thanks!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

16 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

minimum shopping list for Xplane adding. (cost). 

Xplane

37,69€ on steam (on sale)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/269950/XPlane_11/

or

$59 direct

https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

The plane.

A PC with a reasonably high end CPU and GPU to run them on. (Cost varies)

And a VR headset for that unforgettable "OMFG I'm really in the cockpit" feeling. ($600 and up) - not 100% essential, but worth every cent.

AutoATC Developer