Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

12 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It does though. Maybe not to a degree of a standalone F/O mod, but it's there.

xAnimCopilot is visible and he actively helps to fly the plane (using AI rules).

30 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

@GoranMstill, well done, really nice. But for me to much detail.by time ive programjed fms and taken off i have usually lost interest.

Hey, it's not for everyone.  Nothing wrong with that.

33 minutes ago, Greazer said:

xAnimCopilot is visible and he actively helps to fly the plane (using AI rules).

Greazer, in all seriousness, can you find a positive in anything you see in the X-Plane forums?  The only thing that is semi default in the 650 is the flight model.  Everything else is custom, and could very easily be used as a training tool (which we DO NOT recommend!!!  It's to be used for entertainment purposes only!!) due to us working with 3 650 pilots over the last 3 years...and you're complaining about the lack of an animated co-pilot??  Are you kidding?

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@GoranM, what possessed you to post that comment? Greazer posted a perfectly reasonable comment and you jump all over him like that? You might not agree with him but his post wasn’t insulting or critical in any way.

You complain about other members here but you’re just as bad. Wind your neck in.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

what possessed you to post that comment?

The fact that it's true.

Greazer posted a perfectly reasonable comment and you jump all over him like that?

A fully detailed and comprehensive aircraft, but the lack of an animated co-pilot is the complaint.

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You might not agree with him

Correct.

but his post wasn’t insulting or critical in any way.

To you?  Maybe not. To me, mildly.

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You complain about other members here but you’re just as bad.

Incorrect

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Wind your neck in.

Completely uncalled for.  But whatever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoranM said:

A fully detailed and comprehensive aircraft, but the lack of an animated co-pilot is the complaint.

Not a complaint, an observation.

8 minutes ago, GoranM said:

To you?  Maybe not. To me, mildly.

Mildly so you post that response? That was not a proportional reply. Don't be so sensitive to comments about what I assume is your product. You have to take the compliments as well as opinions of those who may disagree with you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Mildly so you post that response?

If it was his first criticism, water off a ducks back.  Greazer is known to...everyone...in here for his constant negative and exaggerated criticisms of everything X-Plane.  

So yes, I post that response.

Don't be so sensitive to comments about what I assume is your product.

I've received way harsher comments from people on other forums.  Who don't even own any of my products.  I've been doing this a long time, Ray. And my skin is thicker than a suit of armour.

You have to take the compliments as well as opinions of those who may disagree with you.

I agree.  And I have.  But when they repeat themselves, over and over, it gets a little too much.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GoranM said:

If it was his first criticism, water off a ducks back.  Greazer is known to...everyone...in here for his constant negative and exaggerated criticisms of everything X-Plane.  

I'm not saying he's Mother Teresa but in this case his post wasn't critical. Just take a step back and calm down before replying. I'm trying to be even-handed here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, I have to recognize that Greazer's comments are totally favor, and actually he offers a good alternative.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

The store is based in the US.  You do not pay taxes on the purchase.  The price is the price.  No more than advertised.

Add 30+% for Canada. Not bitching, just saying......That said I will buy.

For me personally, the amount of incredible moments this addon will generate, it's worth at that price, no doubt at all. I can't list how many times I read something on a manual, then opened the Sim very excited to see how that worked, and the Developer didn't implement it, or the implementation is clearly wrong. Also, how many times I had to stop the simming in the middle of the flight, and due to no save state, all is lost. Or everything feels great, but due to having no optimization, it runs really bad, and makes way less fun to fly it around a more detailed scenery. So, to think just one addon is going through all those limitations, incredible visuals, with incredible systems like no one ever seen before, with so much dynamic stuff only few companies bothered to do, most of them with pretty crappy simulation, because they focus all their time in doing the cool stuff to sell. It's just all in this one package. The price is higher that I would have liked, specially because I come from Brazil, and I know how the reality is there, but unfortunately there isn't much that can be done in this area. I dont blame the developers for the decision in their pricing. It's up to them to prioritize the market they feel it will make more sense..Business is Business. 

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alexis Mefano

I don't even know how many xplane add-ons I've bought and then end up in the trunk of memories, they just don't convey anything new, you could have the same with any of the excellent freeware that some creators are kind enough to give us as gifts. But when it really comes out one of the few that really transmit quality and realism like few, perhaps like none yet, at least for me, I think it will be worth every euro I invest in it. And even more so when you can enjoy it in XP12 and all its improvements. Sorry if some expressions can be confusing, I use an automatic translator, as my English is a bit limited.

Edited by nikit

Let’s bear in mind PMDG base model 747 is $140 and even the aged NGX is $100.

From what I’ve seen so far this looks like being in the same class.

So the price sounds fair to me. 

Roll on weekend!

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I do believe the price is a bit high. That said I remember paying I think $90 for a PMDG about 10 years ago for a B737. This is definitely much more  detailed than any thing out there now.