Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

I did not get to watch all the videos but from what I see it looks mighty good. Will it be VR compatible though? 

The Hot Start Challenger 650 looks fantastic and well designed from what I have seen. I, personally, could do without the FBO stuff and concentrate on the airplane. I hope the designer will come up with an airplane version sans FBO. At least, a choice to block out the FBO completely would be handy.

Considering all of the apparent work and talent that went into this product, I might order it anyway. Life is short.........

Good luck and Godspeed.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

4 hours ago, jcjimmy said:

At least, a choice to block out the FBO completely would be handy.

That's already an option. You can skip through it or simply use the 'Training Mode' option, which will skip the FBO at load and go straight to a cold and dark aircraft ready for you.

Edited by Cameron XA
  • Like 5

Founder of X-Aviation

looking forward to the product CL650 tbm and goran 3d model work is the best and toto coding aswell the best  still enjoying the tbm and saab owner  xaviation and hotstart never dissapoints only minus is the release time 2 at night 🤪     thank you for you hard work price its not important when quality its top notch  @Cameron XA

@GoranM

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alec said:

These are just some examples, from the 3 year of development that went into this project. Much more goes on.

thanks for putting this together Alec!!

short summary video Threshold posted on this aircraft -

• Like 1

I’ve seen the ice build up on the wings etc but does it have windshield effects like ice and rain similar to the TBM they did?

Dean Farley

Well, for me, the FBO part of the add-on, as well as all of the required interaction with the airport operations to get the aircraft prepared for the flight are 50% of the interest in this great add-on, the rest being put on the simply astounding level of detail of the aircraft aerodynamics and systems modelling.

With all due respect for mSpark's remarks, because I do also find his free-4-community work on the 744 mod and the Auto-ATC plugin great contributions, one of them for free!, to the x-plane community, I should say that having had privileged access to details of the systems modelling ( by way of Alexis who has been keeping me in the cycle, as well as about the TBM ) I find the "pickiness" of Totoritko ( the word used here in it's most positive sense !!! ) simply UNIQUE, comparable only probably to the work of Hardy Heinlin in his Aerowinx PS1 / PSX series for the 744 simulation.

Just to refer one among many details, Totoritko simulates the now "standard" new feature for MFS and Xp12 - geopotential height variations due to Temperature, and does so in a correct way, not causing the kind of errors we see in MFS, and I hope Austin tunes before releasing Xp12 because I've read some details that suggest it might result as bugged as ASOBO did it for MFS 😕 if he uses a variant of QFF for reference ...

Wave signals / propagation ( just as I believe Totoritko contributed for the Felis 742 ), engine thermodynamics simulation, ..... well... Wow!

My biggest probem is that I was never fond of bizz or commuter jets, but that is easily surpassed by the chance to use such a detailled simulation of a real Challenger 650.

Edited by Anatoli-Kagari9
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

Zibo, LevelUp, Spark744 freeware have all that and are already out. That's not advanced and comprehensive, its a basic requirement for any XP11 aircraft worth its salt.

Everybody who cares about ground services already has GHD on every aircraft they own.

After consulting the specs of those aircraft and viewing the video streams of the Challenger, now i'm assured to buy the Hotstart Challenger 650.

So thanks, to assure me  🙂

42 minutes ago, Frank Dhont said:

After consulting the specs of those aircraft and viewing the video streams of the Challenger, now i'm assured to buy the Hotstart Challenger 650.

So thanks, to assure me  🙂

That's why I asked the question. wasn't really expecting the deflection and abuse this time.

Still not seen anything that makes it worth 4 copies of XP11, 2 copies of XP12 or a copy of MSFS premium deluxe, and the XA support (Cameron has been accused of deleting customers entire XA aircraft collection - posts deleted I believe - because they disagreed with him, given his responses here I can pretty much believe it) and questions over VR means it won't be a day 1 purchase for me. All my XP11 aircraft are near 100% replicas of the real ones, that isn't ground breaking, and it's entirely worthless to me without rock solid VR performance.

I'd also be very surprised if that price doesn't fall very quickly. Goran was already bragging they made 6 figures each from the TBM900, and 3 years is pretty average for an aircraft development. short even.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

7 minutes ago, mSparks said:

That's why I asked the question. wasn't really expecting the deflection and abuse this time.

Still not seen anything that makes it worth 4 copies of XP11, 2 copies of XP12 or a copy of MSFS premium deluxe, and the XA support (Cameron has been accused of deleting customers entire XA aircraft collection - posts deleted I believe - because they disagreed with him, given his responses here I can pretty much believe it) and questions over VR means it won't be a day 1 purchase for me. All my XP11 aircraft are near 100% replicas of the real ones, that isn't ground breaking, and it's entirely worthless to me without rock solid VR performance.

I'd also be very surprised if that price doesn't fall very quickly. Goran was already bragging they made 6 figures each from the TBM900, and 3 years is pretty average for an aircraft development. short even.

You're way out of line, sparks.  Your accusations are unsubstantiated, and ridiculous.  But it's not surprising because you're notorious for stirring the pot.  

If you want to believe that every add on you have is as accurate in systems and flight dynamics as the 650, then that's up to you.  If you think it's too expensive, then that's up to you.  If you think it doesn't support VR, then that's up to you.  If you think the price will fall very quickly post release, then that's up to you.  If you think I was bragging about an income, then that's up to you.  But I do thank you for noticing the short time it took us to complete the 650.  I can assure you, 20 hour days were very normal.  Whether you believe that or not...is up to you.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Still not seen anything that makes it worth 4 copies of XP11, 2 copies of XP12 or a copy of MSFS premium deluxe

It's fair to assume you won't be buying it then. No need for any further negative comments from you on this topic then. If you do then action will be taken.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No need for any further negative comments from you on this topic then. If you do then action will be taken.

I've said absolutely nothing negative about the plane.

Just pointing out is is absolutely wrong, pure hyperbole to say we have never seen

15 hours ago, EGLD said:

"real" IRS alignment?

In a flightsim before.

And that I don't think its a coincidence that Cameron jumped in to help keep everyone on script not 10 minutes later.

12 hours ago, Alec said:

Tell me one addon in any Sim, be it P3D, X-Plane. MSFS2020, etc, that has these modelled:

They are included in all xplane 11 default planes. What we see here is a "from scratch" re-implementation of all of that with nice visualisations instead of just "this component of the plane consumes this much power, or that part of gps is failed". I understand perfectly why.

I would also expect it will include all the myriad of bugs that come with doing such complex systems from scratch, so probably better to wait to sing its praises until someone other than those with a financial stake in it doing well give some real feedback.

AutoATC Developer

I think its best if everyone just not engage in this meaningless discussion happening. This topic is about a specific addon being launched, why are we talking about anything other than that? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Alexis Mefano

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Still not seen anything that makes it worth 4 copies of XP11, 2 copies of XP12 or a copy of MSFS premium deluxe, and the XA support (Cameron has been accused of deleting customers entire XA aircraft collection - posts deleted I believe -

Nothing negative? We have very different ideas of what is negative. Look at your post above and then you compound it with hearsay.

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Goran was already bragging they made 6 figures each from the TBM900,

The only reason you wrote that is to wind up someone you dislike. If I see one more post from you that denigrates a product you haven't even seen or has a go at a forum member without very good reason you'll not be able to post for a while.

This is your final warning.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather