Sign in to follow this  
whisky

Milviz KA350 unusable

Bought this product a few months ago.  Nothing works.  Dark panel, no power, ALpha and Bravo controllers won't bind.

I have tried all suggested remedies on the forums. Totally over it.

Every time I try to login to Milviz forum I get "Wrong username or password" despite resetting several times.

This software is top end of the price range, but to me it is totally unusable.  At these prices I consider it reasonable to expect the installer to work without having to "Try this, try that BS."

Can't even find where to go to get a refund.

NOT HAPPY

Dark panel - they have a shader file on the forum

No power - have you got external power connected?

Control bindings - this would need to be done through their MVams software

Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, MacSalisbury said:

Dark panel - they have a shader file on the forum

No power - have you got external power connected?

Control bindings - this would need to be done through their MVams software

Hope this helps!

What you are saying is  "Spend a few more hours searching through forums and experimenting to see if it works?"

Refund sounds better.

I have contacted Milviz support but no response as yet.

Thanks for taking time to respond, but why is it that nearly all sim software vendors airplanes work straight after install without having to go through all this? e.g.  PMDG, Majestic, etc.

Cheers!

Everyone on holiday at the moment.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

On 12/26/2021 at 6:56 PM, whisky said:

why is it that nearly all sim software vendors airplanes work straight after install without having to go through all this?

Mine installed without any issues like this, I hope you can get it sorted. Support there is great IMO.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

On 12/26/2021 at 6:52 AM, whisky said:

Bought this product a few months ago.  Nothing works.  Dark panel, no power, ALpha and Bravo controllers won't bind.

I have tried all suggested remedies on the forums. Totally over it.

Every time I try to login to Milviz forum I get "Wrong username or password" despite resetting several times.

This software is top end of the price range, but to me it is totally unusable.  At these prices I consider it reasonable to expect the installer to work without having to "Try this, try that BS."

Can't even find where to go to get a refund.

NOT HAPPY

From the issues you are describing it sounds like the XMLTools didn't install. From my experience it is either an ORBX purchase (for whatever reason it doesn't install on some systems), an antivirus deleting it or a corrupted dll.xml. If you email me at steve AT milviz.com I would be happy to fix your forum access and get you sorted. Just let me know your forum login or the email you have used to access the forums.

Edited by Slayer68
  • Like 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

Bummer about your issues. I haven't had any with the latest build. I bet Steve is right, and it was an antivirus issue of some kind. I got those with A2A planes, and I was just as frustrated until I got that figured out.

Hang in there; the KA is worth it. 🙂

2 hours ago, rightseat said:

Bummer about your issues. I haven't had any with the latest build. I bet Steve is right, and it was an antivirus issue of some kind. I got those with A2A planes, and I was just as frustrated until I got that figured out.

Hang in there; the KA is worth it. 🙂

I have asked Orbx for refund, but it won't happen. Have un-installed for now, but really would like to get it working.