Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamBlack

[Resolved] Strange issue, on a new PC reinstall

Hello all,

I have installed my P3Dv5.3 HF1 on it's own drive, and am reinstalling all my add-ons, I got some strange error I have never seen before, it says I have some random "entry" in my P3d add-ons .cfg. but i have checked and I don't see it.

I have the latest AI lights installer and P3Dv5.3 HF1 is installed and working properly.

I'll try to attach a pict for further support.

thanks,

Rob

https://i.imgur.com/yvCyHYp.jpg

Rob Comfort

Looks like you have the visual FX tool installed directly inside your P3D Add-on's folder. Is this the case? Check inside Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\, verify the add-on.xml is pointing to the correct paths. If the paths are correct and you are using "relative paths", I had a the same report from a friend that is a developer, AILRP has a bug with relative paths on particular circumstances, it is on my pending list of stuff to fix after the Christmas holidays.

If you are not using the FX tool, remove it and the warning will go away, if you are using it, then either try to install the tool in the same way as most add-on's are normally installed (no using relative path) or alternatively wait until January when I release an update to correct this issue.

Best,

Simbol

Hello Symbol thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure about the visual FX thing, I'm using pretty much all the same add-ons as in my previous install, nothing new, how can I check to see if I have a Visual FX tool in my P3Dv5 dir?

I am installing a lot of my addons on a storage drive as opposed to my C drive though, is that what you mean by "relative paths"?  Last time the addons almost filled my C drive, so I got a nice 2tb gaming drive to hold most of my add-ons, my Orbx library and stuff like that

anyways, it seems to be working, I just get the error when starting the AI lights app, so if it's just a warning than I can live with it.

Rob Comfort

I just checked in my Documents/P3Dv5 Add-ons folder, and this is the xml for the AI lights in there:  (NOTE, the AI lights also must have made a P3Dv4 Add-ons folder because I now have one of those, and I don't and never have had V4 installed)
I have no idea if everything in here is correct or not, but the path is right:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>FSReborn AI Traffic Lights Effects Professional edition. Installed version 1.2.0, for support please visit our website at www.FSReborn.com</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>EXE</Category>
<Path>I:\Program Files\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\FSRebornConfigChecker.exe</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Effects</Category>
<Path>I:\Program Files\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\AI Lights Effects V5</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Texture</Category>
<Path>I:\Program Files\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\AI Lights Effects V5\texture</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>I:\Program Files\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\FSRebornObjects V5</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>ShadersHLSL</Category>
<Path>I:\Program Files\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\FSRebornHLSL V5</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Also:

Is this the visual FX tool that you were referring too? Because I have no idea how it got there or how to (or if I should) remove it?

spacer.png

Edited by JimBeamBlack

Rob Comfort

Hi Jim,

In that case it means you really have a bogus entry for the VFXTool inside your add-ons.cfg files.. AILRP performs a health check of these files, and it is finding this entry pointing to a place that either doesn't exist or that is missing.

Since it is clear you are not using this tool.. then find your add-ons.cfg files (there are 2 of these) and find the entry pointing at the VFX tool, remove that entry, save, re-start AILRP and confirm the warning is gone.

For a full explanation where the add-on.cfg files are located, please check the P3D forums where you should be able to find plenty of tutorials.

Best,

Simbol

Hello again Symbol, 

I did find a folder in my P3Dv5 folder that has those 2 folders in it, the paths are these:

I:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Development Tools\Traffic Toolbox

I:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Development Tools\Visual FX Tool

They look to have been made by my Traffic app, from Just Flight? (I guess?)

And I found the 2 offending entries in my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg file, but they look like this: 

[Package.8]
PATH=Development Tools\Visual FX Tool
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.9]
PATH=Development Tools\Traffic Toolbox
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

So, I copied the actual paths and changed the entries in the .cfg, and now everything works!!

So, I assume, for some reason those paths were just entered in the .cfg wrong? BUT, instead of deleting them I decided to change the paths JIC they might be needed in the future for whatever reason.

Anyways, EVERYTHING is now working, thanks so much for helping me fix this!!  I think I understand how this works a bit better now, so if it happens again, I can fix it myself.

thanks man!!

• Upvote 1

Rob Comfort