Sign in to follow this  
SAPilot

3rd Party airport problem

Hi all

I have this problem with a 3rd party airport.

Install the airport. Load a flight - all good. Shut down the sim. Restart sim - load in at same airport. Now there are duplicate runway markings [centre line and touch down markings] and taxi lines and apron markings.

Remove the content.xml. Restart the sim, load in again - all good. Shutdown and restart - problem back.

The airport is one of bespoke/handcrafted airports. Removed it from ../OneStore/. Restart the sim and let it re-download this airport. Same testing as described above. Problem still there.

I have a friend with same 3rd party airport, and no such problems.

Obviously it sounds like there could me a problem with my installation [Store version].

Any idea what could cause this ?

Thanks and regards

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Might help if you shared which airport it is in case others have had the same issue.

If it's replacing an Asobo handcrafted airport for instance, it may be that both are showing at the same time and the Asobo one needs deleted because bot are showing at once. Also, make sure you don't have any other versions of this airport as again having both active is likely to lead to duplicated textures.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Might help if you shared which airport it is in case others have had the same issue.

If it's replacing an Asobo handcrafted airport for instance, it may be that both are showing at the same time and the Asobo one needs deleted because bot are showing at once. Also, make sure you don't have any other versions of this airport as again having both active is likely to lead to duplicated textures.

The airport is FACT. No other versions for the airport. As i said, I have a friend with same add-on airport and does not have the issue. This airport cannot be removed and stay removed, because it is one of the handcrafted in Premium edition. If you remove - next sim start it forces you to re-download that airport. The strange thing is - why does it load in OK if you remove the content.xml and let the sim rebuild the file. Second load in to airport - broken. I am stumped.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

31 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

The airport is FACT. No other versions for the airport. As i said, I have a friend with same add-on airport and does not have the issue. This airport cannot be removed and stay removed, because it is one of the handcrafted in Premium edition. If you remove - next sim start it forces you to re-download that airport. The strange thing is - why does it load in OK if you remove the content.xml and let the sim rebuild the file. Second load in to airport - broken. I am stumped.

Try uninstalling the airport from inside the sim in Content Manager. I've had to do that for KORD, LFMN, and LSZH. If you remove the package from the Official folder it will just get downloaded again and again.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

19 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Try uninstalling the airport from inside the sim in Content Manager. I've had to do that for KORD, LFMN, and LSZH. If you remove the package from the Official folder it will just get downloaded again and again.

Thanks .. but FACT is not an airport in Content Manager - it is an "enhanced" airport , or whatever it is called.

Just a folder in ../OneStore

48 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

Thanks .. but FACT is not an airport in Content Manager - it is an "enhanced" airport , or whatever it is called.

Just a folder in ../OneStore

Actually, yes, it is in Content Manager. It's just that by default it is hidden within one of the "packages".

When you are in Content Manager, look over to the right between "Results" and "Sort by". There are two icons. One looks like a box, and the other looks like three dots and three lines. Click on the icon to the right, the three dots, three lines one. That will show everything as individual items, instead of packages. Now search for "fact" and you should find it. Select it, uninstall it, and you should be good to go.

...jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Another potential option:
I think that if you edit the Content.xml file from
<Package name="asobo-airport-fact-cape-town" active="true"/> to 
<Package name="asobo-airport-fact-cape-town" active="false"/>
you will have disabled the Asobo version and the simulator will not attempt to download any files.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Actually, yes, it is in Content Manager. It's just that by default it is hidden within one of the "packages".

When you are in Content Manager, look over to the right between "Results" and "Sort by". There are two icons. One looks like a box, and the other looks like three dots and three lines. Click on the icon to the right, the three dots, three lines one. That will show everything as individual items, instead of packages. Now search for "fact" and you should find it. Select it, uninstall it, and you should be good to go.

...jim

Thanks for the advice Jim.

Found FACT in Content Manager and uninstalled the airport. Problem gone.

In time to come I would re-install FACT again to see if problem returns.

Greetings from FACT. 

8 hours ago, Reader said:

Another potential option:
I think that if you edit the Content.xml file from
<Package name="asobo-airport-fact-cape-town" active="true"/> to 
<Package name="asobo-airport-fact-cape-town" active="false"/>
you will have disabled the Asobo version and the simulator will not attempt to download any files.

The simulator will still download the files. How do I know? I tried it. 😉 I deleted the FACT folder from the official folder and set the entry for FACT in content.xml to False. Started up the sim and at the Checking for Updates screen it gave me a mandatory download for FACT.

However, simply changing the content.xml entry to false without deleting the folder may work. Will have to give that a try later...

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

@JimBrown  So, I have reinstalled the official Asobo FACT from Content Manager ,  just to see what happens. Low and behold the problem is back. But, what intrigues me is when I remove the content.xml and start the sim with both official and 3rd party airport it is all good. Then if I shutdown the sim and launch a new flight - problem is back. Crazy hey !! There must something else in the sim which is wonky.

Greetings

36 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You must remove the airport with the Content Manager, just removing the folder will trigger a mandatory redownload.

Indeed I have done the removal with Content Manager. The problem is that if it is installed with a 3rd party airport the issue is duplicate runway markings and taxi lines etc.

Anyway, for now I would just keep the Asobo airport uninstalled and keep the 3rd party airport installed.

In a perfect world,  both should be able to live together in the sim.