Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Keeping track of your custom airports.

Each world update lists the new Asobo handrawn airports. The standard, deluxe, and premium airports are all listed on the MSFS forum. You can keep track of any airport you download for free or bought, and installed. If you gather your lists together you can place them all on a google map using the My Maps creation tool. That Google map you just made can be downloaded offline for viewing. It's identical map also remains there still online. Either can be fully manipulated (zoomed, distances measured, pop up information boxes, location coordinates), all the normal wonderful features of Google maps.

Using the map you made, you can schedule flights using only upgraded airports. The map can show you distances (it has a handy built in ruler scale in miles or knots).

You can also spot areas inside which there is a lack of handmade airports in your own particular MSFS scenery.  You may decide that's where you need to buy one, or search for one on flightsim.to.

I think this is where  you sign in to your own My Maps:

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

To add an airport to your own My Map, just type the icao code into the My Maps searchbar at the top of the map. You will see the correct airport pop up in the list. On the map the information window will also show the coordinates. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was just thinking the other day whether something like this was possible, I want to be able to pinpoint on a map where all my add on airports are, for 2 reasons, one to plan between airports, and 2, in order to know what I have, as it gets confusing and I even sometimes forget what I have. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Little Nav map has this function - it will scan your library and place yellow circles around airports which are custom.  This includes the Asobo handcrafted models but can't read those sceneries which are encrypted which I believe are the ones included in the Premium deluxe version.

The latest version of Volanta (non premium) also scans your sceneries and places a star on the world map to denote where you have scenery installed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

I just use Google Earth and put a placemark on the map (ctrl shift P or something like that).   It puts a yellow pin there.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Latest Addon Linker Map will show you addon and Asobo airports in different colors. 

Fastest way to show them 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do what I've done for years now; I have a Google Sheets with all my addons and a Google Maps favourite list where I pin all my aiports, so I can quickly get an overview of locations and see everything I've bought, with versions, notes, links etc. 

Made flight simming much less of a headache over the years. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I've been using Google Earth for my airports for years now. I have over 100 payware airports and about just as many in freeware, there is no way I could keep track if I didn't drop a pin.

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Yeah, the My Maps I referred to is actually named funny because it is a feature of Google Earth, and not Google Maps. You can make layers offline and throw them to your online My Maps in Google Earth, or vice versa. Private or Public too.

Looks like there's lots of different apps to use.

Somebody, quick, run and map all the POI's from all 7 WUs and publish for us to copy! 🤣

I have also used GE for this. After the latest sim updates I gave it up. It is just too much for me to follow which sceneries work with the latest updates (with the 100 + sceneries I have).

Addon Linker might be a good solution. Never ever will I download so many sceneries, not any more.

Edited by kiki

Zoomed out view Google Earth. You can zoom way way in and do a zillion other things in the real map, this is just an image. All airports are custom.

Orkney Islands:

Six orkney airports pack SuperSpud, flightsim.to

Kirkwell, SuperSpud, flightsim.to

Westray and Papa Westray, Seamor, flightsim.to

Shetland Islands:

EG78 Out Skerries, Asobo WU3

Sumburgh, ORBX

spacer.png

I just use an excel sheet with airport codes and look at it before each flight to decide which one I fancy, however a built in tool would be great for sure.

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

DXna3E6.jpg

Here you can see Addon Linker in action. All automatic, no need to do anything by hand.

I have changed the color if inactive (heliports in my case) airports to light grey. Asobos airports are brown.

You can also see the KLM markers from WhereAreMyAircraft WAMA where I can see where my aircraft are "parked" currently (and you even can see these aircraft in the sim when you visit one of these places)

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

The Addon Liker map is quite ok, but so far I could not find a way to export it somehow to use it e.g. with LNM.

But it is possible with Google My Maps.

1. Organise your sceneries with different layers, colours and icons on a Google Map and name these placemarks (e. g. London Heathrow EGLL)
  2. Export the 'whole' map (all layers) as *.kmz and save it in a new directory in the installation directory of LNM (e.g. 'Google KMZ').
  3. Load the KMZ file into LNM (File/add Google Earth KML) and VOILA!

KMZ vs. KML is no typo, I found that the KMZ file contains of the icons used on the the Google Map while the KML doesn't.

In case someone is using Andres3D light mod from flightsim.to (https://flightsim.to/file/8614/airports-lights), he's offering a Google Map too. Just go there, export his map and import that kmz into a new layer of your Google Map.

Edited by EDDB2020

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s