Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Issue with major airports & SP1

>>Basically have been happy with FSX *pre*SP1 and same is true>post SP1. However, I have run into something which did NOT>occur pre - when flying near major airport like LAX, where the>facility is NOT in direct view, if I pan or move the view to>see the airport, I initially see a bright green color where>the airport is and then the tarmac, buildings, etc slowly fill>in. This is a new occurence since SP1.>>In fairness, this is Sp1 setup right out of the box. I deleted>my original fsx,cfg and let sp1 construct a new one so no>tweaks, etc have been applied.>>Before I start reapplying some pre sp1 tweaks I thought I'd>check if anyone else has seen this specific issue.>>I am not getting major blurries, etc and frame rates generally>have improved. Just this one little glitch.>>Vic>>>System: P4 3.4/2GDDR/GF4 7900/512PCIx XPPro>>Visit the Virtual Pilot's Center>www.flightadventures.com>>http://www.hifisim.com/>Active Sky V6 Proud Supporter>Radar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/Play around with this setting in fsx.cfg. I think the higher the number the less chance of having the problem, but there may be a perf penalty, so you'll have to find the setting that works best on your system. You can also try increasing the TextureBandwidth_Mult, which helped this situation pre SP1,but some people said that introduced stutters post SP1, so again, you'll have to play with it to get it right on your systemThere is additional code to reduce blurries. If you get random texture tiles that appear in a solid color this may help. In some cases, the textures generated from this code can get throttled and will be timed out. The time out config value is[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=The default is 30 frames.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>In some cases, the textures generated from this code can get>throttled and will be timed out. The time out config value>is>>[TERRAIN]>>SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=>>The default is 30 frames.>Tom, do you mind to elaborate which way to go? 25 or 35 for a start? I've seen this new tweak on the blog and was gonna ask because I didn't understand what did throttled textures mean.Many thanks.Dirk.

>>In some cases, the textures generated from this code can>get>>throttled and will be timed out. The time out config value>>is>>>>[TERRAIN]>>>>SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=>>>>The default is 30 frames.>>>>Tom, do you mind to elaborate which way to go? 25 or 35 for a>start? I've seen this new tweak on the blog and was gonna ask>because I didn't understand what did throttled textures mean.>>Many thanks.>Dirk.>Phil didn't elaborate, but I think you need to increase this value, which should give the sim more time to load textures. At least that's how timeout variables usually work!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>>>>I have not had time to tweak any of the settings mentioned>on>>the blogs though. I think one of them specifically relates>to>>this issue, so I reserve all judgment.>>>Agreed! Lot's of new data to absorb - >>It seems to be worse in slew mode...Doesn't seem to happen as much in normal flight...which is goodmore testing needed. Now tired must sleepRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>Phil didn't elaborate, but I think you need to increase this>value, which should give the sim more time to load textures.>At least that's how timeout variables usually work!>Many thanks!

I think though your best bet is to go the TextureBandwidthMult route. This has worked pre sp1 and also in FS9. Just don't increase it too high as to generate stutters. 200 seems to be good for most systems!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!