Sign in to follow this  
Rene_Feijen

Virpil stick strange behaviour

Hi,

I switched from a Saitex X52Pro to Constellation Alpha with Mongoose CM2 base. My new stick is recognized in MSFS2020 and in the sensitivity window it looks fine on al axis.

But in all the planes the movement in the cockpit is strange: while constant moving to the right, it first doesnt move, than slow a short travel, and then abrupt to the extreme right. When I center the Virpil stick, the stick in the plane keeps to the right. To othter directions similar behaviour.

Before the Virpil I had a Saitek X52 Pro throttle and stick. I removed the stick of course, and after these problems I also removed in MSFS control config panel all bindings to the X52 stick. But it doesnt help.

Calbrated the stick in the Windows game controller panel, and in the Virpil Config Software.

Any suggestions?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I had the same problem with a digital mini-stick on my new VKB MCG Ultimate stick in P3Dv5. What solved it for me was increasing the size of the null zone. These high end devices are much more sensitive and precise than the less expensive ones.

Hope it works for you.

Don

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

This sounds like something is competing with the Virpil. Can you unplug all other controllers, restart your pc and only test in MSFS with the Virpil attached?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

No issues with my T50CM2. If you followed the instructions in the Virpil website you shouldn't have any issues. Maybe there is another X axis assigned with a different controller (like rudder left brake or something).

When you calibrate the stick using the Virpil app, it shows same behavior as you describe?

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Well I solved it. I am stupid.

I bound the axis to the throttle up and down commands, instead of to the throttle axis!

Sorry ....

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Easily done. Good to hear it is now sorted.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.