Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

How many people that use FSX does it take to change a L...

Guest Camsdad

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed. 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently. 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs. 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid. 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp". 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct. 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum. 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum. 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty. 5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs. 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs. 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's. 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too". 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy. 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?" 13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs". 1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't the brightest bulb. 4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views. 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again 4 to post that it is their constitutional right to change a light bulb. 3 to argue that all light bulbs should be banned 1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

Hey CamsDad!. . .you missed two that - when they changed the bulb - the power to their house/apartment began blowing fuses. . . . and the three more that claimed that the developer/manufacturer of the bulb is at fault for giving misleading instructions on their website . . . and the other three that whined about Westinghouse having no forum on their website. . . . :-lol:-lol:-lol:-lolRegards!pjWell, it's not the funniest post, but at least we're not bashing FSX or Microsoft. OK, Mods. . you can lock the post now. :+

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Who ever comes across the post towards the end, is the one who most benefits from it! They will become very knowledgeable about lightbulbs, or was that light bulb, or lamp? :)

And if that lightbulb was actually a hand held unit....you could call it a torch!!!:+

Wrencha - that's just absotively, posilutely wrong! A hand-held lightbulb is called a flashlight. Hmmmmph! Limeys! I just don't know! Hmmmph! :-saepj:-bigangel

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>Wrencha - that's just absotively, posilutely wrong! A>hand-held lightbulb is called a flashlight. >>Hmmmmph! Limeys! I just don't know! Hmmmph! :-sae>>>pj>>:-bigangelHmmmmph! Yanks! I just don't know! Hmmmph! :( :-lol

ROFLMAO!But you forgot one - just before the last1 person to complain that the thread should be locked.Just MHO,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It's not light-bulb or lightbulb. Lamp would be correct. If you need a link to prove it I can provide one. :)

4 obnoxious, abrasive types to say "RTFM".

I like this one !!Thanks.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest LensHanger

1 to point out that different procedures should be used for bayonet and screw fixings.:-cool Len

Come on Mods, this should be transferred to the hardware forum.:)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

...and lest we forget the manufacturer complaining how difficult it is to work under the constraints of the inventor.Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

How about the 3 three that want to institute a class action against the light bulb/lightbulb/lamp manufacturer/reseller/distributor/developer/retailer because the light bulb/lightbulb/lamp does not illuminate the surface of the moon when shone from the earth using a 12 volt battery.CheersChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html