Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

AIG OCI isn't one click at all

I've been using AIG for just over a year and once you get it up and running, it's fantastic.

However, the one click installer for me is far from that. I'm constantly being asked to download alternative models etc. So I have to sit in front of my PC for hours. I've selected OCI and i've selected 'Ignore manual downloads' but it still keeps asking me to manually download things...!

Am I doing something wrong?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

47 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've been using AIG for just over a year and once you get it up and running, it's fantastic.

However, the one click installer for me is far from that. I'm constantly being asked to download alternative models etc. So I have to sit in front of my PC for hours. I've selected OCI and i've selected 'Ignore manual downloads' but it still keeps asking me to manually download things...!

You are not. They give the option to utilize freeware or payware models for a particular aircraft type in use for the airline you are installing. In theory once you install that model once the pop up you are experiencing should go away because you have already selected your preferred model. Because there are a many payware and freeware models of the same aircraft at first you will find this will pop up quite often but once you get into a couple hundred airlines you shouldnt see that message too often. I reinstalled about 250 so far and dont really get that message any longer. Unfortunately in some cases there is only a payware option so you may have to bite the bullet and buy those models. Or dont use those plans.

• Like 1

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Totally agree with ywg256.

Do it a few times and you shouldn't have to touch it again. At one point I was running UTL, and AIG OCI is a far better experience. Hang in there!!!

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

In the settings -> payware section you can uncheck any payware model, so you will not be asked for anything (all will be installed as freeware).

For the first time a bit annoying, true, but If you have download everything, you can backup the Folders and copy&paste it if you reinstall anything and its worth. AIG is really nice!

Works fine here on my system. It is recognizing the exisiting installation and merging all files.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Both, the Manager and the Folder where the AI files are.

In my case its:

• E:\AIG Manager (the AIG Manager)
  • E:\AIG_AI (the Simobject FIles etc.)

If you restore it, they need to be at the same location as before and the Add-on.xml in E:\AIG_AI\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration\add-on.xml needs only to be registered to the simulator.

Works well here. Dont want to redownload all 50gb again and I tried that and works :)

• Like 2

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

9 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

You are correct, it's not one click and to call it one click is ridiculous but this thread is likely going to attract the desciples of the one click cult telling you that your 1000 clicks is actually only 1 🙄 It's bizarre.

As mentioned you should tell it to ignore payware models and you have said that you already have it set to "ignore manual downloads" but this option makes me laugh because in order to get it to behave something like a "one click installer" you need to have the option enabled that prevents it installing😂 Which makes it a "One Click NOT Installer" 😂

I love AIG, it's great and I wouldn't fly without it. It's important to have AI for airliner flying as far as I'm concerned but lets be real about the realities of it. If you want everything in there you are going to have to sit there for hours. If you are the kind of person where "That'll do" will do and you are prepared to have stuff missing then you can ignore the manual downloads and the payware stuff and it will be easier. Will still take ages though.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

When AIG made the A330 available there were 30+ updates available. I selected all and pressed the OCI button. Every airline was updated without any intervention from me. So those are definitely one-click installs.

I find this criticism of a name ridiculous when you consider what a great FREE product AIG have provided to the community. Consider the alternatives. Nowhere near as up to date but hey, you just run setup.exe and everything is done for you.

• Like 14

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Jazz said:

You are correct, it's not one click and to call it one click is ridiculous but this thread is likely going to attract the desciples of the one click cult telling you that your 1000 clicks is actually only 1 🙄 It's bizarre.

I really don't understand why they don't change that. Compared to FLAI it's a hot mess to install.

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

When AIG made the A330 available there were 30+ updates available. I selected all and pressed the OCI button. Every airline was updated without any intervention from me. So those are definitely one-click installs.

I find this criticism of a name ridiculous when you consider what a great FREE product AIG have provided to the community. Consider the alternatives. Nowhere near as up to date but hey, you just run setup.exe and everything is done for you.

If I may, Ray, that is a bit of a selective example. "Those" were "one click" but the new guy installing everything for the first time arrives expecting it to be "one click" and soon finds out that is a nonsense.

I don't understand your logic. Because something is free we must pretend that something that isn't, somehow is? Pretend that the lie is the truth? How very weirdly Orwellian and my perspective finds that ridiculous. There appears to be rather too much of this in the world at the moment.

It's getting criticism (although from my perspective I'm really poking fun) because it's dishonest, Ray. It's as simple as that. It's dishonest and silly. If it wasn't there would not be so many people saying 'AIG OCI isn't one click at all". As I have said before, they obviously have not named this with any malicious intent but it's misleading and unnecessary.

Many of us have considered the alternatives and use AIG for the the reasons that actually exist.Such as it is simply the best there is. Not for the fabled OCI that so many seem the need to defend the honour of despite the elephant in the room.

Honestly, I find this phenomenon most amusing and I don't just mean with this AIG thing. I see it all the time regarding all sorts of things. I'm sure I have done it myself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

6 minutes ago, Jazz said:

If I may, Ray, that is a bit of a selective example. "Those" were "one click" but the new guy installing everything for the first time arrives expecting it to be "one click" and soon finds out that is a nonsense.

Updates are the other major part of the program once the airlines have been installed. 50% of the product.

It was a couple of years ago when I first installed AIG and I really don't recall having to press multiple screen prompts to get an airline installed. If the user has logins for avsim library and flightsim.com library it's pretty painless.

Calling the process "dishonest" is ridiculous but that's your prerogative. Why not post your thoughts over at AIG?

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

47 minutes ago, Jazz said:

It's getting criticism (although from my perspective I'm really poking fun) because it's dishonest, Ray. It's as simple as that. It's dishonest and silly. If it wasn't there would not be so many people saying 'AIG OCI isn't one click at all". As I have said before, they obviously have not named this with any malicious intent but it's misleading and unnecessary.

This has been explained so many times. It is no more dishonest than a car manufacturer saying the model is automatic. "Oh no it's not. I have to open a door, get in turn a key or push a button, then select a gear (and at the moment still operate a steering wheel and pedals)".

The majority of the work is automated if you disable the manual downloads. Then it IS  OCI and no attention is necessary at all.

As explained if you want to install more fancy models, which I have never done and I have stacks of AI, then nothing stops you going back and installing them but it is not necessary.

However, if you want to believe what you state, then be my guest.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Honestly, I find this phenomenon most amusing and I don't just mean with this AIG thing. I see it all the time regarding all sorts of things. I'm sure I have done it myself.

Jazz, it can be just one click if every ting is setup right, but in fact this is not meant behind OCI. Kay has mentioned in the AIG Forum, that the Idea behind this OCI was just to get away from all the time consuming stuff, whilst adding a new repaint or airline. And that´s exactly what OCI does. For me it works perfect. I have installed about 1500 Flightplans and over 800 Simobjects related to them. I´ve done that by a bulk install and disgarded manual downloads. All FP and ai´s where installed automatic, with no further action required from me and it took about around 8 hours. Just imagine how long it have take, if you download every single AI for every single FP, and in addition search and install all the different repaints and add them to the FP. It would took me months i guess or even years.

It´s even not dishonest if you really want to count beans, it´s called one click INSTALLER, what would implement, if you have choosen and setup what to install and how, you make really one click and thats´s it. 

(Just like in my automatic car, where i just choose D and don´t touch the gear lever anymore, but after i made the hard footway to my car, open the door by hand, get into the car myself and start the egnine, of course)😉

Cheers  

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

I don't understand your logic. Because something is free we must pretend that something that isn't, somehow is? Pretend that the lie is the truth? How very weirdly Orwellian and my perspective finds that ridiculous. There appears to be rather too much of this in the world at the moment.

Many of us have considered the alternatives and use AIG for the the reasons that actually exist.Such as it is simply the best there is. Not for the fabled OCI that so many seem the need to defend the honour of despite the elephant in the room.

It's simple.

If you don't like it, do not use it. It's free to use. Nobody sold you something.

If you have suggestions to make the product better, go over to AIGAIM and post them there. You may be lucky you get heard or Kaiii3 has its own other opinion on his free product. 

But making such a point about his here, talking about honest, dishonest and truth or lie, is so useless and indeed very disrespectful for the people who made such a great addon with a HUGE value and a HUGE user group for FREE! Think about that. 

So many users like you claim and criticize but have not made a single suggestion on HOW to make this better. 

I am really flabbergasted about such behavior here.....I refuse to get used to it. 

Marcus

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png