Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

AIG OCI isn't one click at all

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Jazz, you’ve made your feelings about AIG perfectly clear. I have no intention of continuing this debate. I’ve pointed you to the place where you can address this to the author. Whether you choose to do that is up to you.

I will not be responding to any more posts from you as a forum member.

Wow. Ray, this is beneath you. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Jazz, you’ve made your feelings about AIG perfectly clear. I have no intention of continuing this debate. I’ve pointed you to the place where you can address this to the author. Whether you choose to do that is up to you.

I will not be responding to any more posts from you as a forum member.

Well, I consider this a shame, Ray.

Sincerely.

Good evening to you.

Edited by Jazz
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

17 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

Wow. Ray, this is beneath you. 

Clarification. On this topic only.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Clarification. On this topic only.

That's fair enough. Thank you for the clarification.

13 hours ago, Jazz said:

*AN* airline. Correct. If you choose a single airline out of all the many hundreds that make a complete install you may have been fortunate enough to have selected one that does not require you to download manually and that one airline will install with one click. However you may have selected one that does want you to download many parts of it manually and then there may not be just one click to the process it may indeed be many. OR, you can tell it to not install the ones that you would have to download manually but then, by definition, it's not installing them. Is it? It's then just a "one click not-installer" rather than a "One Click Installer"

Calling the name (not the process) dishonest or misleading is not 'ridiculous' it is accurate observation. It may be one click if you choose the correct airline or don't mind it not installing an or many airlines, models, paints and or whatever.

And I'm posting my thoughts here because the conversation is happening here. What on earth would have been the point of replying to the original poster there? 

I agree with the others…. @JazzI reckon if you’ve got time to writes pages of posts complaining about the NAME  of a free product that significantly enhances the siming expirence of so many people you’ve got too much time on your hands. Another one added to the ignore list.

Oh, and given your name is Jazz I fully expect you play Jazz music. If not, you’re name is dishonest and misleading.

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

9 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

BTW, I've just stopped laughing over the analogy made with an 'automatic' car.

Glad it made you laugh. This thread was getting so ridiculous, it needed a bit of levity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I find it quite amusing that those "discussions", which happened exactly the same way over at the MSFS forums back when AIG released for MSFS, now happen here on P3D. I thought people who use P3D (and therefore have probably been installing stuff and tweaking and enhancing etc. for years) would be smart or at least sturdy enough to install AIG, which doesn't even feature in the list of the 100 most complicated things I have done for P3D. Well I guess the above mentioned attributes are in a sharp decrease anti-proportional to the user base of MSFS, which would explain a lot, including those debates.
To be clear this is not about people who don't like AIG because it is not "live" or because it misses certain GA flightplans or whatever - actually this wasn't supposed to be about people at all, but I got carried away once more, so I'll better stop here.

Edited by Fiorentoni

9 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I agree with the others…. @JazzI reckon if you’ve got time to writes pages of posts complaining about the NAME  of a free product that significantly enhances the siming expirence of so many people you’ve got too much time on your hands. Another one added to the ignore list.

Oh, and given your name is Jazz I fully expect you play Jazz music. If not, you’re name is dishonest and misleading.

Good for you. I'll have a cry with my crumpets. And I love Jazz music😉

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

simple input:

The tool is named: AIG AI Manager, since it provides feature to manage all kind of stuff regarding AI Traffic in your Sim. Starting from installing flightplans over checking for errors to see traffic timetables. Thats what a "Manager" does. The tool itself is not named "One-Click-Install" and it will never be.

Then there is a feature inside AIGAIM called "One-Click-Installer", that does actual install your AI Traffic with a single click on the install button, IF you have setup anything correct. In 99% of the cases it will run through it withut issues. Since this whole OCI is far more complex then I have currently the time to explain there are potential issues on the processed files that can result in manaul actions. To avoid this 1% there is the checkbox to skip them.

For example: I just install 250 Airlines with the following clicks:

1) Start AIM

2) Informed about updates

3) Flightplan Page

4) Update Page

5) Ctrl+A

6) Click install via OCI bulk

7) Close a Message that informed me that a file is offline, since I had not "skip manaual downloads enabled.

As you can see click 1-5 have nothing to do with OCI at all, since they are just part of AI Manager and click 7 was caused by an issue that came after the actual flightplan was released since the file has been moved.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Thanks for making the time to reply to this ludicross topic (yea i know i've probably spelt that wrong, but i couldn't care less)

Personally i've used aig for years, and for years i've had to add the plans using aifp and ttools so when you brought the manager out it made things so much quicker and easier.

Yea, sure i've had issues in the past, but using the aig forum and asking over there and reading i've always figured it out.

Sadly these days, there are far too many snowflakes and people on here trying to get a reaction from others,just for the sake of it (possibly to make up for there own short comings in life, i don't know how these people think,thankfully)

So i would just like to thank you for the time and effort, you and all those that contribute to aig  and have made in creating this ai program.

I'm not doing this post to be an aig lover under any circumstances,but because i believe its the best available on any platform, and i've tried most of the options over time.

Bottom line is if your not prepared to read and try figuring it out yourself then perhaps aig is not for you.

Remember it is free so they don't depend on you custom

Edited by mazelda
  • Upvote 1

Pete Little