Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

parking codes in v.7.43

I can't get VoxAtc to respect my parking codes and assign a certain preset gate specific for my airline in P3Dv5 .This hasn't been a problem in earlier versions of VoxATC and FSX. For my test I used the PMDG 747-8i variant. I set atc_airline=ABC in the panel.cfg file of the 747 and all its engine models, also for the freight versions and of course for the 8i. Then I used ADE to edit the parking code of Flightbeam KDEN and assigned ABC to Gate A45 while removing all other parking code assignments and recompiling the AFCAD file. Next I run the VOX indexer. So with this setting I expected VOX to assign me Gate A45 after landing and keeping this gate empty for me which unfortunately wasn't the case. I got assigned some remote parking far off the main concourses which seems highly unlikely for a 747. What do I miss here? Does anybody have parking-codes working with the P3Dv5 and Vox7.43 combination?

20 minutes ago, bmaik said:

Does anybody have parking-codes working with the P3Dv5 and Vox7.43 combination?

not me ..... but with P3d452, almost always.

as best I know / observe, if an earlier arriving AI can't find a coded spot, it can use one's dedicated spot (as it is awaiting e.g. ABC)

bottom line ..... make sure there's a coded spot elsewhere for all AI in your inventory (for the airport in question)

& of course, make sure "ABC" is unique to one's inventory .... (VOXC for cargo is what I use).

hope all above applies to P3dV5

for now, cheers

john martin

thank you, vadriver, again for your valuable help. To summarize, this means for me parking codes don't work anymore. I can't really understand why every new VoxATC version while providing (usually very few) useful new features like the use of traffic.bgls to generate traffic (just to mention an example) at the same time breaks many features that worked ok in the old versions. For me the best and least error-prone version of all was 6.52 . This together with the obnoxious non-existence of support for many years would usually mean for me that the add-on is to be abandoned, but in this case there is no (and unfortunately never has been) a real alternative to VoxATC. For me the best and least error-prone version of all was 6.52, I will try to get it working in P3D5 using my own humble programming skills. This has worked for me in good old FSX times.

Edited by bmaik

5 hours ago, bmaik said:

I will try to get it working in P3D5

please do .... & i'm sure you will succeed, given my guess i can't "see" a difference for VATC use in this between P3D4 vs P3D5.

on that rare occasion, i found an (offending) arriving AI which had no afcad coded parking by reviewing VATC's log for mention of the subject spot. another instance was where there was not enough parking for several AI of the same code. for me, it has always been a "fastidious" need to provide adequate afcad parking for all my AI.

& to add, https://voxatc.com/Contact has always supported my "considered" enquiries over the years for a unique addon (it is both an AI engine & an ATC) ..... & which i understand will be enhanced in the near term to use the features possible with its "own" airac etc.

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

i forgot to mention ........ make sure the parking type matches your afcad & the parking radius is enough for the B748i.

for now, cheers

john martin

I believe to remember that the parking radius for the PMDG747 was 32.0, but in my afcad it is even set to 45.0, nevertheless Vox sends my 747-8i to a remote parking in KDEN instead of the preselected gate. Is there anything else to do than simply setting atc_airline in the aircraft.cfg to the airline-code I set in ADE? I believe to remember that this was sufficient in older versions?

Edited by bmaik

13 hours ago, bmaik said:

Is there anything else

I would check / set the same parking type (rarely neceessary) to "GATE" / "GATE_HEAVY" (aircraft / afcad) as well as your "tweaks" .... even for cargo.

The 748's / 744's wingspan 224.6' / 211.4'  respectively requires a minimum park of 35 / 33m.

Of course, there is sometimes the chance that an earlier arrival (of any fitting size) which has no "coded" spot (available) will park in your's,

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

On 12/29/2021 at 9:20 PM, bmaik said:

I set atc_airline=ABC in the panel.cfg file

I trust you meant "aircraft,cfg" ........ just noticed "exactly" what you wrote.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, bmaik said:

I will check the gate types.

as well in that file.

for now, cheers

john martin

Sorry, yes I meant the "aircraft.cfg" file. What I still don't understand is that VOX uses the spot reserved for my airline for other aircraft. I think this has never been the case in earlier versions. It has always been enough for me to simply remove all the other parking codes from all the other gates and parkings on the airport in order to make all these other spots available for any type/airline of AI-aircraft. Then there should be no reason for Vox to park an AI - aircraft in my reserved spot since this spot is the only one with a conflicting parking code.

Edited by bmaik

@bmaik

On 12/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, vadriver said:

given my guess i can't "see" a difference for VATC use in this between P3D4 vs P3D5.

Dracci

But may be there is (hope others can help).

I know with "slopped runways" there is a difference, but also may be different coding of taxiways & parking because. Is a P3D5 of KDEN a separate installer (many P3D5's have the same afcad as P3D4 if they don't have slopped runways ??)

Is the issue elsewhere / other airports, can you depart the A45 gate etc ...... may be use ADE Fault Finder to check taxi links etc, particularly if you are crossing runways during taxi.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

The Vox Indexer somehow doesn't find my add-on AFCAD's. This is obvious since ground still assigns me a taxi route via taxiways from the stock airport. That explains why it doesn't respect my parking codes, Most of my add-ons are located in C:\P3DAddons, some in P3Dv5/AddonScenery. How do I make them know to the indexer, vadriver, of course they have highest priority but they are loaded into P3Dv5 via addon-files and not in the scenery.cfg-file, perhaps this is my mistake?

Are you using the Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer (https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html) to help one identify what P3D reads (& where scenery is installed) & hence what VoxATC will.

It will also help one build addon.xml files to include any missing reads.

for now, cheers

john martin

yes, I actually am. Strange... I have the suspicion that Vox only reads AFCADS for sceneries listed in the scenery.cfg and ignores everything added via addon.xml-files? Can anybody confirm this?