Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tile Proxy thread #2?

HIManaged to get it right after "reading the manual"Anyway my topic : file cluster sizes being as they are, I think mine must be at 5+K each (maybe?), I found that for one area using Gxxxle as the url that i made 72,368 files covering 307 Megs of disk "space" but only using 49 Megs of that for actual data...This must mean that maybe the allocation is one cluster per file?If I could make a dedicated HD with severly smaller clusters, say 1 Meg each, , Id maybe be able to occomodate the whole ground part of the planet?????QUESTION: If I bought an external HD would I then have "three" devices? (considering that internally I find myself limited to two or can I add that other internal kind on top of the IDEs Im using?)allen

Christian... Incredible work! Congratulations :-beerchug Now at last I see the need for a RAID 5 array loaded with the new 1 TB drives! :)

Matthew S

Guest babewatcher

Hi Christian,I downloaded your wonderful program today and all I can say is WOW! This is what FSX should look like. What I cant get over is the great frame rates. If somehow the program could keep up with jets all our prayers would be answered. Nice work thou and cetainly at low speeds the scenery is simply amazing. Since I do a lot of ifr flying with jets I will probably not keep the program active but for now I am having fun experimenting like everyone else.A question I have about your de-installing instructions...."You would also have to deactivate all "World" entries in the Scenery configuration dialog of FSX to revert back to the default landscape of FSX." Can you explain what you mean by this statement? ThanksDon

Guest babewatcher

Thanks I found them ok. I never even thought to look there for them.Don

Guest cit1991

Christian:Congratulations on a great utility. Lots of people post with issues, but I can say it worked perfectly, the first time, for me.Regarding the cfg file:Can the max_level parameter be adjusted? In some areas on GE, there are higher levels of detail available (higher than 17). I landed the airtrike on my street and parked it next to my house (which BTW is really cool to be able to do). Looking at GE vs. FSX F12 (top view), there are images available that are higher resolution than the ones loaded by tileproxy in FSX.I tried increasing max_lod and max_level to 20, but it didn't seem to make any difference. The max level number in the tileproxy cache was still 17. Is there a way to get it lo load higher detail images if they're available?BTW, Austin, Texas has some very nice high res imagery on GE.

Guest Speed

WOW!!Worked flawlessly on my first attempt. I flew NYC, then Lebanon NH, then Grand Canyon, then Milan, then Sydney. This is defintely the way to fly and boy did I pick a good time to get a 20mbit fibre optic line.

Guest hypostomus1

Hi all, can someone point me at a website that has the Google Earth server url please? Googling for it doesn't bring anything up I'm afraid, assuming I'm googling the right phrase that is...thanks,Chris

Guest wyoming

Never thought I could do that in a sim. I'll check Austin where I lived for a while.

Guest cbuchner1

If you could somehow convince your graphics card to load 2048x2048 pixel textures or even 4096x4096 then yes, you could go to zoom level 18 and 19 Google - giving you about 30 cm / pixel resolution.But that huge texture feature is only supported in DX10 I believe.I might try whether the DX10 patch for FSX will accept textures with that incredible size but my bet is that this isn't supported!Right now the maths is: 1024 pixels square on ground tiles of 1.1 km square is the limit. Not an artifical limit that I created, but one that FSX imposes.

Guest cbuchner1

> To the author: you're a genius.Congratulations.Thanks, I know. *haha* not the most modest guy I am.Now if that genius could figure out how to make this work with low flying fighter jets skimming the treetops 100 ft altitude then the military would be TileProxy's best customer.Well maybe if I could just get this right with a Cessna at normal airspeeds, this would already be a good enough. Flying the motor glider all the time simply doesn't cut it ;)

Guest cbuchner1

I don't get the FileNameInfo? message at all. I think you might have a virus scanner or spyware scanner running. These cause terrible slowdowns and in the case of NOD32 Antivirus even total incompatibility with TileProxy.Check if you can disable these tools while flying.

Christian, you're a genious! This is what VFR flying is all about.One question for the group. I am using GE (tried VE but the textures didn't seem to look as good). After the URLs are retrieved I get the following in my ProxyUser console numerous times:tileproxy.sys: FileAllInformation?tileproxy.sys: PostQueryInformation() was unsuccessful asking for:tileproxy.sys: FileAllInformationThe textures appear to be loaded normally so I'm not sure if the above is good, bad, or just normal processing.Thanks again. This is the best addon for FS I have ever seen and I've flown every version since the SubLogic days.Mike

Guest mtlmtl

Hello,I've been having some fun with the program. A few questions I have about it though. I've been trying to get Yah?? going since it seems as though the photos for the area I like to fly is best represented by it with uniform tile color and very good complete continental US coverage. Is using the data from http://maps.yah??.com/ possible? If so could someone please post yah?? proxyuser settings. Also, how do I force FSX to use max resolution for tiles out to a greater distance? With no autogen I don't think frames would suffer too bad. Matt