Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Restoring fsx.cfg after disabling TileProxy

One of these days I'll learn to read manuals before installing things, especially beta things. Only after installing it did I realise that fsx.cfg had been modified, and I have no idea what the original values were.I'm hugely impressed by this project, but I want to disable it for the moment, at least until I'm finished my circumnavigation of the globe, which would take a bit too long at 80mph.Can anyone help by reminding me of the default values for the following:[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT[Main]DisablePreloadFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOADTEXTURE_QUALITYIMAGE_QUALITY[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUSMESH_COMPLEXITYMESH_RESOLUTIONTEXTURE_RESOLUTIONDETAIL_TEXTURE[bufferPools]PoolSize[Display.Device.Your Graphics Card Name.0]MipBiasThanks in advance... :)

I think you can rebuild a new default fsx.cfg by renaming/deleting the one you have. If you rename it to something else and start FSX it should create a new fsx.cfg, and then you can use that, or read the default values from it.Klas

Please ignore that post, I just discovered (from another thread) that TileProxy backs up the files it modifies. If anyone else is looking for these backups they're inC:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXColin

Guest cbuchner1

And your scenery.cfg is backed up in:C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplicationDataMicrosoftFSXThese paths don't apply to Windows Vista and English installations though. ;-(

Guest GREENGRASS

Then where do i find scenery cfg in vista?thanks Don

Guest DefBringer

Three times I have posted my problem to this forum without any support.All I can say at this point is that...TileProxy does not work on my machine.I don't know if it is a Vista issue, but it is not a problem with my machine or my broadband connection. I have deleted and started fresh with a new fsx.cfg even...the software will not render tiles correctly from G??gle. I see replication of the entire North American continent in a single tile...repeated over and over.I understand this is a free product and offered "as is", but if you're not willing to troubleshoot issues as they arise I don't see how you can possibly hope for this software to be anything but a tiny niche software package for an already small pool of gamers.AGAIN....can someone PLEASE post a WORKING proxy user and fsx.cfg (and don't forget to star-out the address so nobody gets in trouble.

Guest GREENGRASS

sorry meant-fsx cfg-not scenery cfgDon

Guest srathe

Hmmm, Christian has seemed extraordinarily available for help in all the threads I've read so far. You may notice in the ini file he says "Do not contact the author about the configuration for particular services". Maybe that's why you've experienced your frustrations. Nonetheless, here's the config that's working for me (I use Vista as well, so it shouldn't be a Vista issue). And by the way, I just copied and pasted this cfg from another thread:[TileProxy]lod_distance=1000fast_mode=Nosource=G??gle Earth[V??tual Earth]cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.v??tualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50[G??gle Earth]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh*.g??gle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25fix the question marks first. Then under source, type in the service you want to use...this config is currently set to use GE. But it works equally well when source is changed to VE. Maybe also note that in my ini file, the module_config line is all one line, not wrapped around like it may look in this post. The next line after it is the max_lod line.Hope that helps you.Jesse

Guest hypostomus1

Hi Jesse,as a somewhat technologically challenged person may I ask - I've cut and pasted your TileProxy.ini file and it works - sort of. What I get is a repeating lo-res map of Europe. Can you suggest where I may be going wrong? Please don't say this is a beta and therefore not for the likes of me because I really do want to get the thing working. I know patience is a virtue and easier to use versions will be coming out in the next few months but even so...cheersChris