Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey results is out, MSFS grew market share

12 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Relax, it's a videogame survey. No need to turn this into team X vs Team Y discussion.

Should not be told to me rather to those who claim the survey is framed in favor of x-plane.

But as usual, come at the one who dares to say x-plane is not "dying".

But fwiw, why should I "relax"? Did I shout? Curse? Rude words? All I preseneted was the exact same perspective as the quoted one, but from an x-plane side.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

When you factor in the millions of casual MSFS users, the study level airliners coming and the next XP will be Beta bugs galore, there are grim days ahead for XP.

Hardly. Their market share seems to have gone up even though the product has hardly changed in years. They remain a viable competitor even with the regular gloomy outlook placed on them.

That being said, this survey is the equivalent of the characteristics of a small town being applied to a whole continent. I am sure its way off reality if you are picturing the entire FS community. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Should not be told to me rather to those who claim the survey is framed in favor of x-plane.

But as usual, come at the one who dares to say x-plane is not "dying".

But fwiw, why should I "relax"? Did I shout? Curse? Rude words? All I preseneted was the exact same perspective as the quoted one, but from an x-plane side.

I' m an avid XP user (since XP7). Stop with these "us vs them" angles. And mind which subforum you are posting on.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

7 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I' m an avid XP user (since XP7). Stop with these "us vs them" angles. And mind which subforum you are posting on.

None of that change the fact I commented to somebody claiming this survey is framed. Still i'm the only one getting called? Discussion work both ways no matter what forum are you in.

Still waiting to be proved wrong...or to be shown what part of my comment suggest that I should relax 😉

Edited by mtaxp

I found this chart to be interesting.  According to this chart, more XP users converted to MSFS in 2021, than P3D users:

M3HWGxz.png

I would have expected more P3D users converted to MSFS than XP users did.  Perhaps it's because MSFS already converted a lot of P3D users in 2020, so there fewer P3D users to convert.  Either way, this is surprising that more XP users converted to MSFS in 2021 than P3D users.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I found this chart to be interesting.  According to this chart, more XP users converted to MSFS in 2021, than P3D users:

M3HWGxz.png

I would have expected more P3D users converted to MSFS than XP users did.  Perhaps it's because MSFS already converted a lot of P3D users in 2020, so there were less P3D users to convert.  Either way, this is surprising that more XP users converted to MSFS in 2021 than P3D users.

"Moved" does not mean not using the other, for usage we have your original charts, both indicate msfs and x-plane platforms grew, the first one grew more obviously.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, David Mills said:

A few weeks ago, we saw stats that MSFS for XBox now boasts more users than MSFS for PC -- a fact that the Navigraph survey completely, though inadvertently, obscures. From the Navigraph survey, it appears that the XBox users make up only a minuscule fraction of the MSFS base, instead of the majority. This several-hundred-percent discrepancy -- between the actual and the reported number of MSFS users on Xbox -- is due to the fact that few people receive and respond to emailed survey solicitations on their XBox gaming platform. So the relative number of MSFS to X-Plane users is downsized by a gargantuan number.

You do realize if all non pc platform users where actually part of this, the gap between Xplane and MSFS will be much smaller, maybe even the other way around?

How many MSFS XBOX users are they? Pretty sure Xplane mobile only has more than MSFS PC+XBOX combined, then for the future think about Xplane steam-deck is still WIP.

Edited by akita
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

None of that change the fact I commented to somebody claiming this survey is framed

Oh no someone is wrong on the internet...

Go outside. Have a walk. 

• Like 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

13 minutes ago, akita said:

You do realize if all non pc platform users where actually part of this, the gap between Xplane and MSFS will be much smaller, maybe even the other way around?

How many MSFS XBOX users are they? Pretty sure Xplane mobile only has more than MSFS PC+XBOX combined, then for the future think about Xplane steam-deck is still WIP.

Akita with his X-Plane mobile numbers again 🤣🤣 🤣

• Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 hours ago, David Mills said:

A few weeks ago, we saw stats that MSFS for XBox now boasts more users than MSFS for PC -

Did we, David ? The only thing I am aware of is that we heard a Twitch streamer claim this without bringing any substantial metrics evidence (number of users, time actually spent playing on the respective rigs as the sim is free to download for a GP owner etc.). 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Akita with his X-Plane mobile numbers again 🤣🤣 🤣

Hopefully won't go ignored as usual, but why count XBOX and not mobile? or is it when it comes to serve a very specific narrative? Be honest here.

Edited by akita
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Oh no someone is wrong on the internet...

Go outside. Have a walk. 

And your comment was written while you are skiing at the alps or while staring at the interent trying to gain reputation and judge others? Move on please, nothing is wrong my comments.

Edited by mtaxp

6 minutes ago, akita said:

Hopefully won't go ignored as usual, but why count XBOX and not mobile? or is it when it comes to serve a very specific narrative? Be honest here.

Because XP mobile and XP desktop are completely different things, while MSFS PC and MSFS Xbox are not. Quite simple actually.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

16 minutes ago, rka said:

Because XP mobile and XP desktop are completely different things, while MSFS PC and MSFS Xbox are not. Quite simple actually.

XP mobile VS XP desktop probably shares more or less the same % of code as MSFS PC VS MSFS XBOX, they even use the same formats, same flight model etc...difference goes to how (not) powerful GPUs are on mobile and how they work.

If MSFS XBOX and PC where exactly the same, why XBOX needed specific development? why DX12 on PC is not at the same state as XBOX? why PMDG and others are having trouble there?

Selective POV I call it, both MSFS and Xplane convert resources to XBOX/mobile, yet for one the users SHOULD be counted and for the other it should not because...?

If you are bringing a survey covering all, all factors should be taken and not just the one that suits your view.

Hence if you claim XBOX users will widen the gap although the exact same rules apply as well on mobile yet you ignore them, this is trying to set a narrative.

@abrams_tank I will appreciate your proof and official stats, other than ignoring and hiding behind others. I already proved mine multiple times.

Edited by akita
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, akita said:

XP mobile VS XP desktop probably shares more or less the same % of code as MSFS PC VS MSFS XBOX, they even use the same formats, same flight model etc...difference goes to how (not) powerful GPUs are on mobile and how they work.

If MSFS XBOX and PC where exactly the same, why XBOX needed specific development? why DX12 on PC is not at the same state as XBOX? why PMDG and others are having trouble there?

Selective POV I call it, both MSFS and Xplane convert resources to XBOX/mobile, yet for one the users SHOULD be counted and for the other it should not because...?

If you are bringing a survey covering all, all factors should be taken and not just the one that suits your view.

Hence if you claim XBOX users will widen the gap although the exact same rules apply as well on mobile yet you ignore them, this is trying to set a narrative.

@abrams_tank I will appreciate your proof and official stats, other than ignoring and hiding behind others. I already proved mine multiple times.

So why are you on XP desktop still? IIRC from previous conversations you don't fancy eye candy too much. The superior XP flight model and realism is what you're after, right? If XP mobile has all that, as you write, why don't you switch? Especially if the mobile community is much bigger too? Looks like a no brainer to me?

You surely have a smartphone? Why are you not using it as your flight simulator?

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉