Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey is out

23 minutes ago, Janov said:

Too bad it will go the way of the Blackberry, right @abrams_tank? 😉

No offense Janov, but I also see a lot of posts in here that say MSFS is dying.  Among the "hard core" flight simmers, MSFS actually gained market share over last year, according to this survey.  So this survey shows that at least with respect to the "hard core" flight simmer market, MSFS is gaining traction.

Overall though, MSFS numbers are down but that's expected with any game after its release.  For almost all games out there (and yes, I include XP and P3D as "games" too), the peak numbers are shortly after the release of the game and then the numbers typically go down.  The most casual flight simmers will be the first to get bored of MSFS, but that would be expected of any flight simulator.

With respect to Blackberry vs IPhone, you have to be very careful in your analysis. I mentioned already that Blackberry sales actually went up after the release of IPhone.  Actually, Blackberry sales reached an all time high, 4 years after the release of IPhone:

57ee9f88d88724e8048b488d?width=700&forma

But as the IPhone matured, and then Android phones came in, it spelled the end for Blackberry sales.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

17 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

But as the IPhone matured, and then Android phones came in, it spelled the end for Blackberry sales.

Other than your constant ridiculous comparisons between 2 totally different markets that can't draw any conclusions reflected on each other (should one actually explain that?!), why is Xplane blackberry? can't it be android, per your own example? and why are you ignoring many other vendors on the phone market as well? 

See a protip: cherry picking graphs and examples that go for your specific case while filled with assumptions and badgering about them for years, means 0.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Greazer said:

That's what I fear about for XP. It could be in for a hard landing (or worse).

You forgot to say that they are scum because they keep pushing buggy betas onto their unsuspecting customers and can´t fix their Vulkan! 😁

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Janov said:

You forgot to say that they are scum because they keep pushing buggy betas onto their unsuspecting customers and can´t fix their Vulkan! 😁

Did somebody here actually TRY dx12 on MSFS? I did.....can't even call it an alpha (they call it a beta) imo yet it is considered a leap forward for some reason although it constantly crashes and has lower FPS.

Edited by akita

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

From FSX, yes, we already knew this because

You know mSparks, you don't have to make stuff up when the information is already there in the survey?  The information is right there in the Navigraph survey, no need to make stuff up:

M3HWGxz.png

Of interest in this chart is that in 2021, more people converted to MSFS from XP than from P3D.  This one, I didn't expect.  Perhaps it's because MSFS converted more users from P3D in 2020 so there were fewer users to convert in 2021. In any case, I didn't expect more XP users to convert to MSFS than from P3D, so this chart was a bit of a surprise.

It's a relief to see XP usage holding up prior to the release of XP12 to prevent too many developers jumping ship. I may be unique but the only reason I continue to use it occasionally is because of the considerable sum of money I have invested in it to make it half respectable and for the superb catalogue of addon planes. If I could switch the planes to MSFS I expect I would simply delete it and recover the disk space.

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You know mSparks, you don't have to make stuff up when the information is already there in the survey?  The information is right there in the Navigraph survey, no need to make stuff up:

M3HWGxz.png

Of interest in this chart is that in 2021, more people converted to MSFS from XP than from P3D.  This one, I didn't expect.  Perhaps it's because MSFS converted more users from P3D in 2020 so there were fewer users to convert in 2021. In any case, I didn't expect more XP users to convert to MSFS than from P3D, so this chart was a bit of a surprise.

You know MSFS has been out for longer than a year right? and that the thread I linked is referring to people switching more than a year ago....

No, I didn't think so.

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

You know MSFS has been out for longer than a year right? and that the thread I linked is referring to people switching more than a year ago....

No, I didn't think so.

Why are you linking to information from more than a year ago?  That's so irrelevant, LOL.

Just use the latest information from the Navigraph survey!  It's right there, and shows the exact breakdown of what users switched to MSFS as their primary flight sim, from other flight sims.

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Why are you linking to information from more than a year ago?  That's so irrelevant, LOL.

Just use the latest information from the Navigraph survey!  It's right there, and shows the exact breakdown of what users switched to MSFS as their primary flight sim, from other flight sims.

Because since then, the 15 people who switched from XP to MSFS, probably isn't data to get that excited about

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

Funny though on Xplane forums how many are coming over after giving MS ago. Its being really good for Xplane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I appreciate the fact @abrams_tank pretty much chooses to ignore inconvenient comments, but then again, it makes me ask: what is the point of this thread then, opened by @abrams_tank  on 3 different sections if not a legitimate discussion? (because ignoring comments, is not a discussion).

Is it a fail "I told you so" thread?

Edited by akita
  • Upvote 1