Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Gaya Simulations Announces Gaya GSE for MSFS

Gaya Simulations has announced that all Gaya airports will receive a free update that will add the all-new Gaya GSE. Gaya GSE is short for Gaya Ground Support Equipment and will add functional GSE for all airports developed by Gaya Simulations.

https://www.facebook.com/GayaSimulations/videos/444763870445028

Wait and see...

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

so this is their product specific and not global, right? I wonder if if it covers their airports built for World Updates and Premium version?

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Sounds good, I wonder if it automatically cancels out LVFR's Arex ground equipment.

Lee

Simaddons's airports also have custom ground equipment, it only overrides at their specific airports.

So it might be the same here.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

so this is their product specific and not global, right? I wonder if if it covers their airports built for World Updates and Premium version?

I confirm as mentioned, Gaya GSE will be a free update for all Gaya Simulations airports only.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

3 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Sounds good, I wonder if it automatically cancels out LVFR's Arex ground equipment.

Lee

This is a good question. As for right now there isn't the possibility of having specific GSE for specific airports.

Don't know exactly this should work, but I am eager to see it soon.

Considering AREX is a very widely used addon, I hope they take that into account, because if they do it the way some developers mistakenly done, it may impact all airports in a region, a region which might have hundreds if not thousands of airports.

All these ground vehicle addons are nice visually, but unless Asobo fixes the ground vehicle ai, those vehicles are pretty much a permanent nuisance, constantly driving where they shouldn't be driving, etc. Especially at higher ground vehicle density settings.

Also, and maybe I'm missing a setting or something, they never seem to be doing anything useful.

I mean, I'm seeing a lot of fire trucks driving around....you would think the airport is a blazing inferno.

Or, I see large passenger buses at small airports where you usually walk from the terminal to the aircraft.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

This is a good question. As for right now there isn't the possibility of having specific GSE for specific airports.

Ground vehicles are of two different kinds:

- Airport Services vehicles, such as Pushback, Baggage loaders, Marshaller, etc, which are used by the user airplane or the AI when some service is going on CAN be customized by airport, using the AirportServices\ICAO\AirportServices method. We used this method sometimes. At KSDF ( which came out almost a year ago, so much for Gaya's claim to be "the first"...), to change the Pushback to fit the unusual layout of Cargo stands there. That's not really news.

- Living World vehicles, which are the ones created automatically and "wanders around" regardless of an undergoing service are instead grouped by regions so yes, there's the issue of not being able to have two add-ons both trying to customize the same region, since only one will "win".

We purposely restrained to touch the Living World vehicles, even when they were really needed, for example at Basel and Zurich that both have specific Passenger bus, or at LFEQ/Quiberon, which is a very small local airport, but we still see the big Passenger bus, with no way to remove it, but of course it's best than having all vehicles for the same region changed.

I think you know very well we have been asking Asobo to allow defining Living World vehicles by ICAO as well, just Like Airport Services, and a long ago, they seemed to agree to add the ability to define custom regions (with a custom region possibly being a single ICAO, or even a group of airports sharing the same properties), but as with many other things promised or semi-promised, there's no telling if or when they will eventually arrive.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1