Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Carenado update for Cherokee....WOW!

I love VFR flying in the Cherokee from Carenado. NOW...they've updated the visuals on the plane and improved gauges, tail, and overall look of the plane for FSX. It looks spectacular and feels quite real when flying...especially in Hawaii with Megascenery for Honolulu and Oahu. If you have this plane, download the update.

I logged on to their site yesterday six times and found no updates list or anything in the updates page? Same thing this morning.Where did you get yours? Is the site down?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I went to the site and logged in. When I logged in, it brought me to, or it was obvious to me (at the time) where the updates were and I downloaded them. I just went back to the site, however, and couldn't find the updates (???).I didn't notice any big changes, however, from the update, other than the change to the tail. And it screwed up the custom panel I had made because they changed the way the VC is layed out. And when I compare the old panel and the new, I didn't really notice any big changes, but I run at 1680 x 1050 and 1920 x 1200, so maybe there's bigger changes at lower resolutions. But I didn't do an exhaustive comparison, just a quick glance and flight for a couple of minutes between the two versions.I didn't notice any big change in performance either, but I've got a pretty fast computer, and their planes already perform super in FSX anyway (I had moved it over by hand long before any updates came out).The only changes in the aircraft.cfg that I saw were a couple of values in the lights, and they added some camera views (which I had already done). There was no new .air file as far as I can tell.I didn't see any changes to any of the interior or exterior textures, just the models, panel bitmaps, and panel seem to be changed.And the installer installed the plane to my Flight Simulator Xaircraft directory (which is already where I am installing many of my addon aircraft), and then promptly copied EVERYTHING from that directory to the SimObjectsAirplanes directory, so I had to clean that up (not a big deal, but they should have been more explicit in their file operations). And then they didn't clean up after themselves (which in this case was a good thing). Although, now that I think about it, the fact that they didn't clean up after themselves may be due to the fact that I cancelled the installer (it was just a dos window sitting there for quite some time, all the new files were visible in the directory and I had assumed it was done and just didn't close so I closed it).So, since I just recently crashed the disk on my laptop where I have FS Panel Studio installed, I went back to the original version and will keep that till I get my data back from the crashed disk and get FSPS up and running again.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Geofa,You're right. Lehigh Valley International has those Cherokees for training. I'm almost freed up enough to get started SOON. Stan