Sign in to follow this  
Steff Fabiano

Using MSFS2020-DVD additionally on another PC

hi community,

I purchased the MSFS2020 flightsimulator and a scenery of an airport and installed it on a PC. Is it possible to install both also on another indepandant PC in a different room (both PC´s and MSFS2020 are never running at the same time) ?

• can I use the same microsoft-account ?
  • what about updates, will both MSFS2020-versions (both PC´s) be updated if available ?
  • can I use the already purchased airport szenery again ?

Thanks a lot for your responses and a happy new year to all

Hi, Happy New Year!

You should be able to install it on as many PCs as you want, provided that you use the same MS Account and don't use them at the same time.

Being in the same home, they will also have the same public IP number so no worries...

Also: the add-ons you bought will be downloadable and usable from both PCs.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

16 hours ago, Steff Fabiano said:

Are both MSFS2020 versions on the 2 PC´s updated independant from each other, or is just one PC updated ?

They will receive updates independently. In order to play you must have the latest version anyway, so it must be downloaded on each PC.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I tried it yesterday - all 10 DVD´s installed without a problem - but than I was asked for the microsoft-account and the MSFS2020-CODE and inserted the ones, I knew from PC 1. But I got the message "it is already redeemd". So no second installation seems to be possible !?

57 minutes ago, Steff Fabiano said:

I tried it yesterday - all 10 DVD´s installed without a problem - but than I was asked for the microsoft-account and the MSFS2020-CODE and inserted the ones, I knew from PC 1. But I got the message "it is already redeemd". So no second installation seems to be possible !?

That's unfortunate... very few people have the DVD version so I am unfamiliar with that.

MS Store and Steam versions are connected to the MS Account. If I were you I would sell the DVD version and buy it on Steam... 

I'd find it surprising if there's no way to tie your DVDs to "digital ownership" somehow in the MS store or Xbox app. Have you looked?

IIRC when MS announced that they would be publishing a DVD version, they more or less stated that they were doing so for the collectors who have boxed versions of all of the previous sims. I'm pretty sure that they understood that the software on the DVDs would get grossly out of sync with the production releases in short order, so surely they included a way to add digital ownership to the DVD version. It would be silly not to. Well... I guess that's no excuse.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440