Sign in to follow this  
tup61

Navigraph problem... how to restore Navblue database?

I tried Navigraph for a month but I stopped the subscription. Now I uninstalled the app but I see the database is still in the Community folder... I read that you shouldn't remove it manually because then MSFS won't have a database to work with at all (because Navigrapg edits certain files). I reinstalled the Navigraph app but I can't use it because I don't have a running subscription anymore...! Two questions:

1. how can I check which database is being used?

2. can I remove the Navigraph database manually from the community folder yes or no?

EDIT
Never mind. I copied the Navigraph folders to another location, started the sim and all seems fine.

Edited by tup61

When you install the navigraph nav data it sets the default data to ‘false’ in the content.xml file. That’s why you’re supposed to delete it via the app. If you don’t delete it via the app, that flag will not be changed back to true. You’ll need to do it manually.

Edited by Tuskin38

Seems that uninstalling the app also changes the flag back. As it should. MSFS seems to be working fine with the app installed and the database removed manually after that.

How can you tell what MSFS 2020 is using for Navdata. I downloaded on month of Navigraph a long time ago, and now I want to make sure Navblu is updated? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bummer... I spoke too soon. I now see all approaches, SIDs and STARs and what not are gone. Okay... now how do I reenable the default database... Man, this sucks. It's really very annoying you can't open the Navigraph app anymore once the subscription is over...! Now there is NO WAY to disable the database! Uninstalling the app should also reenable the default database! Really bad programming. They are alsmot forcing you to take another sub just to uninstall the database.

EDIT
So you have to edit the Content.xml: change this:

<Package name="fs-base-nav" active="false"/>
<Package name="navigraph-navdata-base" active="true"/>

To this:
<Package name="fs-base-nav" active="true"/>

And remove the navigrpaph line. There is also one at the bottom which you also have to delete! Ridiculous that the uninstaller doesn't take care of this. Totally stupid.

Edited by tup61

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How can you tell what MSFS 2020 is using for Navdata. I downloaded on month of Navigraph a long time ago, and now I want to make sure Navblu is updated? 

Do as I did: open the Content.xml (where that file is depends on your version of MSFS) and check if it still shows those Navigraph lines. Also check your community folder.

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

Do as I did: open the Content.xml (where that file is depends on your version of MSFS) and check if it still shows those Navigraph lines. Also check your community folder.

I see no entry in either place with navigraph, so I guess I am using the default Navblu. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310