Sign in to follow this  
Guest lulu

help with tile proxy

Guest GREENGRASS

I am trying to get this program to work ,i get this messageaccess denied installation failedcould not findc:programfilesmicrosoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulatorxtile proxypwd.txt directory is on ~0.2my flight sim x is in the above folderhope you can help thanks DON

Guest cbuchner1

What operating system is this?This looks and feels like an incompatible DOS shell. Something like *not* Windows XP.

Guest GREENGRASS

thanks for reply vista homeDon

Guest lulu

I tried it but will not again!! I wound up reinstalling fsx. Now,after about 2 hours of messing around for nothing, I am at default and have decided that is where I should leave it.

Guest allcott

>I tried it but will not again!! I wound up reinstalling fsx.> Now,after about 2 hours of messing around for nothing, I am>at default and have decided that is where I should leave it.>>Thenyou weren't the kind of simmer this clearly-stated beta was aimed at. Not only should you never have downloaded it, you didn't read the instructions about how to uninstall it without affecting the rest of your FSX installation at all.Probably for the best that you leave it alone. Allcott

Guest cbuchner1

no need to be hostile. It's easy to miss the warnings about the "Beta" status when people are raving in the forums.I knew that putting the program out there so soon would cause issues for some users. I apologize to those users who consistently have trouble - please don't give up on this program. Uninstall and please check back in a few months when there are updated versions available. These will probably be more user friendly, have a proper uninstaller and come with manuals in multiple languages. And maybe they will even support more than 2 satellite services. Thanks for your patience.Right now I am in Forli, Italy - promoting the program on the Flight Simulator Show which allocates one exhibition hall of a huge electronics sales fair.

Guest lulu

Yeah have fun at the show and the problem I had with the program was my fault. I knew I was getting into an area I shouldn't but I did it anyway. So good luck at the show and later on I probably will d/l and try your program again.

Guest allcott

Not hostility, simply offering the suggestion that the clues indicated that our poster was not up to the job of handling the software in its early development state. Truth can be painful, just as facts are informative.Allcott

>Not hostility, simply offering the suggestion that the clues>indicated that our poster was not up to the job of handling>the software in its early development state. Truth can be>painful, just as facts are informative.>>>>>AllcottI see the days of helping are gone, now just personal opinions. Nice job!!! :(

In some ways, Allcott is correct. I think there is no problem with someone new to these things giving the beta a go. However, they must be willing to learn, willing to keep at it if it doesn't seem to succeed (even after 2 hours of trying)and also be willing to learn how to sort things out if they make a mistake on their system. The best way to learn (if you want to) is to "do". That is the way I've learnt and that is the way I will continue to learn.

Guest lulu

I have been thinking about this and came to the conclusion that if I could have read the manual first it might have helped but you can't reaad the manual until you have installed. Just a thought. It might, or might not have helped. I think it would have given me a better idea of what I was getting into. Anyway, it's over and I am glad that (at least SOME of you)are enjoying this program.