Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Barely visible stars at night 5.3

Hi all,

So i was just flying around and i realised i'm not seeing any stars. I do use Stargazer but the issue is the same with that uninstalled too. This is on a vanilla install of P3D.

It seems with EA turned off in the latest version you cannot see hardly any stars. All my settings are the same so i have no idea what is going on. I have added an image of what it looked like in 5.2 compared to 5.3. If anybody knows of anything i can do to get better star visuals while having EA turned off i would very much appreciate it.

First is what i had and second is what it is now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by charliearon
Removed developer's name

Nice!  I see 2 entirely black screens!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Nice!  I see 2 entirely black screens!

Hi

Can you? For me i can see the difference in the images.

2 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi

Can you? For me i can see the difference in the images.

OK, by clicking and enlarging the images, I can make out some lights and a star.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just now, charliearon said:

OK, by clicking and enlarging the images, I can make out some lights and a star.

Sorry bud,

I thought they looked fine to spot the big difference in stars visible. Possibly brightness of my monitor so i'm seeing it brighter.

• Like 1

I can see a significant difference between the two. Unfortunately, I do not have P3Dv5, so I am unable to offer any suggestions.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What about the stars.dat file ?

Does that have an effect in 5.3 ?

Mine is ~1.414 MB in size (in 4.5) but is a custom job with many more stars visible.

You can find night sky improvements @ https://flight-sim-jewels.com/night-sky-hd/

Cheers

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, Rogen said:

Mine is ~1.414 MB in size (in 4.5) but is a custom job with many more stars visible.

You can find night sky improvements @ https://flight-sim-jewels.com/night-sky-hd/

Cheers

I have tried previous stars.dat files where i had good visible stars in the night sky but this doesn't seem to make a difference with 5.3

It seems LM has changed something which affects the visibility of them. With EA off you can hardly see them, Once i turn EA on it is very visible.

It looks like with 5.3 they have reversed how it was previously, I could see barely any with EA on ( Which did not matter much to me as i fly with EA off ) Now they have changed that.

7 hours ago, Mejjo said:

It seems LM has changed something which affects the visibility of them. With EA off you can hardly see them, Once i turn EA on it is very visible.

This would be an item to raise over on the P3D forum.

You've explained it well, and have example screen shots and the issue is clearly reproducable.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

11 hours ago, Rogen said:

Cheers

Good tip Rogen- this is much better than default. Thanks works nicely for me in 5.3. Few other goodies there too to enhance the visuals.