Sign in to follow this  
beatle

Reinstalling FSX when SP1 comes.

Guest NYURDRMS

I have a question. I seem to recall reading that I will need to do a fresh install of FSX to apply the SP1 patch. In doing so I don't want to lose my logbook or the rewards that I have achieved. Is there anyway to save those files somewhere then load them back once I have reinstalled? Or am I going to just have to start over?Thanks,Chad

Guest allcott

You didn't read that here. Because it is isn't true. A repair install should be good enough. The file which have to be current, default files are the MS ones, not anything to do with aftermarket, unless they have overwritten or altered the defaults. Your log book should remain unaffected.Allcott

Guest NYURDRMS

Thanks for the help, with so many threads running around about SP1, seems I remember somebody saying a fresh install was needed. A repair would make sense though.Thanks,Chad

Guest Chris1973

However, it is not a bad idea to backup Logbook & Rewards files from time to time. The files you are looking for are:Logbook.bin &GrantedRewards.bin

Guest NYURDRMS

Good to know, thanks for the help.

That depends on what tweaks posted here, if any, you have followed. If you used any of the tweaks that involved moving/copying FSX original files from one directory to another, or replacing those files with a modified 3rd party file, then you very well might be best off doing a fresh install (just doing a repair wouldn't take care of the moving/copying files case, it might put the "correct" file in the "correct" location, but the moved/copied file would still exist in the other directory).Addons that just added there own files (without replacing/modifying any existing files) shouldn't cause any issues, and any tweaks that just involved editing things like the FSX.CFG file also shouldn't cause any issues (although some of those tweaks may not be required anymore).