Sign in to follow this  
saifs

Speedboat for MSFS on simmarket!

Edit I'm confused.. Is that video of the addon in the OP or something else? 

The model in the video is trash. 

Edited by styckx
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

35 minutes ago, styckx said:

The model in the video is trash. 

Thats a freeware starwars craft, not the payware boat. Swiss001 just reviewed it. He seems to be having fun with it 🤣

4 minutes ago, saifs said:

Thats a freeware starwars craft, not the payware boat. Swiss001 just reviewed it. He seems to be having fun with it 🤣

Good lord. You can't even use it in mild waves as the water clips right through. 

Yeah. I'm good.  He nailed it "Absolutely useless boat".. Shovelware addon

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

10 minutes ago, styckx said:

Shovelware addon

To each his own I guess. I like it a lot. Been waiting for a good speedboat for a long time. 

I can't hear any engine sound in the video, or is it something new fancy electric?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

21 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I can't hear any engine sound in the video, or is it something new fancy electric?

It has a pretty regular engine sound. Nothing fancy, but not disturbing the immersion either. 

20 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

a future GTA. A lot of video game makers would love to use cities created from satellite & photogrammetry, for their games, provided the satellite & photogrammetry is very detailed and looks good from the ground level.

Art assets quality, MSFS photogrammetry and orthos won't pass a GTA 2 quality control, let alone a 202X release of rockstar.

So you won't get mad, the same goes for Xplane and P3D, in fact flight simulation will ALWAYS lag behind for a few years compared to AAA shooters, MSFS already is.

AAA titles are already:

You keep mentioning autogen as bad, it's the best approach to come even close to this kind of detail above.

Meanwhile photogrammetry can't render a good looking trash bin, let alone with decent shading.

Edited by akita
  • Like 2

Was reading somewhere that the MetaVerse was the next big thing in VR and social networking.

Could this be why MS has developed the MSFS world? I think it is. Sell it as a flight sim at the moment, that way R&D pays for itself, In the future it could be the basis for all VR Social Networking, gaming and information tech.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58749529

Edited by GaryK

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

6 hours ago, saifs said:

I think he said it was boring.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

There was also this mod, no idea if it still works.

https://flightsim.to/file/18668/controllable-ships-fleet

But yeah, this is nothing new, in FSX and P3D we had http://www.deltasimstudio.com/ for a long time.

My mantra is that as long as their enjoyment doesn't distrupt mine, who am i to judge? As long as we all have fun everything will be great

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

8 hours ago, saifs said:

To each his own I guess. I like it a lot. Been waiting for a good speedboat for a long time. 

Here ya go bud an actual useful video.😉

I've made a list of things I'll send to the author and hopefully it can be implemented in the future.

It's a great model with tons of potential, and it was really cool to speed through the Venice scenery with it during sunset.

The possibilities are endless with this sim for air, ground and sea travel.

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 1/1/2022 at 8:52 AM, saifs said:

these are easy fixes and I'm sure the dev will sort it out soon!

Sorry, I'm not interested in anything  more that "will be sorted out soon."  Far too many addons [and sims] are sold with this assurance.  Far fewer deliver on it.

Finish your product first...then sell it.  My standard has become not to  consider any product unless there are several objective reviews that report it is finished and working well.   There is too much money and too much time wasted otherwise

I was hoping for something that could be modded for sailing around the WWII Pacific Islands.

User JohnnyPropeller has just released two great island sceneries on Flightsim.to, for Wake Island and Midway.

Another place I thought would be nice was Washington D.C. I started at the Yacht Club and was able to sail around and see quite a bit, but kept getting stuck under the bridges.

• Like 1