Sign in to follow this  
RAMMSTEIN1977

P3D V5.3 + AMD 6700XT ?

Hi,

I am currently using P3D V5.3 HF1 with an AMD 5800x CPU, 32 GB RAM and RTX 2070 Super.

With RTX 2070 Super I have problems with VRAM RAM again with V5.3. So I wanted a GPU with more VRAM.

Currently I have chosen an AMD 6700XT with 12GB VRAM.

First question, how well do AMD cards work with P3D?
As far as I know, NVIDIA cards are often recommended.

In general, the 6700XT is faster than my RTX 2070 Super in games.

Unfortunately I can't find any benchmarks with the 6700 XT.

Hence my question, can you recommend the 6700 XT for P3D? would I see improvements over 2070 Super?

Many Thanks

I’m using a 6900xt here with 3900x CPU. I’m very happy with the performance. My card is a couple of tiers higher 16gb vram. Performance is stellar in 5.3hf1. 
One thing to bear in mind is that the Nvidia game works stuff won’t work, so no fancy waves on the oceans. But other than that I’m very happy with AMD performance 😎

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Using a 6800 XT here and I think it’s important to call out a couple of issues Radeon cards have with P3D:

1) Some aircraft (NGXu, some CaptainSim aircraft like the 767) show artifacts (bright line of pixels) on the glass instruments. This is only on the edge of the display, but is quite noticeable when it occurs. 

2) Toga’s EnvShade will case DGXI crashes unless the original HDR shader file is used (see Toga forums for details). 

3) Most addon airports show visual artifacts in the far distance on runways and taxiways. 

Other then those issues I’m very happy with the card, largely due to the generous amount of VRAM. For my next card I’d bias towards NVidia though, unless price and/or VRAM of the next generation cards is unfavorable. 

• Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Also happy with my 6900XT RedDevil Ultimate. 

Besides the above mentioned "issues" 🙂

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

On 1/3/2022 at 3:45 AM, 331BK said:

Also happy with my 6900XT RedDevil Ultimate. 

Besides the above mentioned "issues" 🙂

Yeah. I can confirm. Same card, same issues. With the latest drivers I see less of the artifact white dots and the prominent green lines on some HUDs have disappeared altogether but the white lines around some CRTs and black buttons are still there. Most evident on the NGXu 

3 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Yeah. I can confirm. Same card, same issues. With the latest drivers I see less of the artifact white dots and the prominent green lines on some HUDs have disappeared altogether but the white lines around some CRTs and black buttons are still there. Most evident on the NGXu 

jup, can confirm this

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT