Sign in to follow this  
M3Stang

Small triangles in water?

Played the game yesterday for the first time in about 3 weeks, so not sure if a small update happened or something over that time. I noticed that sometimes during a flight, that small lakes will have small triangles in them that kind of "remove" the reflections in the water. I'll take a screenshot next time I see it. It was also at night in game as well. Everything else looks great and the game runs great as well. Its not all the time just sometimes. Water most of the time looks normal. Anyone else see this?

Edited by M3Stang

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

Aren't those the sunlight glints you are looking at?

I noticed them for the first time with water on ultra. It's a really neat effect.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

33 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Aren't those the sunlight glints you are looking at?

I noticed them for the first time with water on ultra. It's a really neat effect.

I am not sure, like it looks like they are having an issue rendering. Like they are not reflective at all and just look like missing texture.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

12 minutes ago, M3Stang said:

I am not sure, like it looks like they are having an issue rendering. Like they are not reflective at all and just look like missing texture.

The sun glints show as pure brilliant white, as you expect, but they do seem to appear as small triangles.  I take it your triangles are the same as the water colour but without any cloud reflection? 

As I have not heard of anyone else with this issue, and you are on a 3070 with no current issues reported for that card, if it persists, I would just try a fresh driver install but using something like DDU to clear out any trash.  I am on the latest Nvidia drivers on a 3080 and they seem fine.

Just one thing.  If you are on DX12, it is buggy as hell at the moment.  I would go back to DX11 for a while. :smile:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

The sun glints show as pure brilliant white, as you expect, but they do seem to appear as small triangles.  I take it your triangles are the same as the water colour but without any cloud reflection? 

As I have not heard of anyone else with this issue, and you are on a 3070 with no issues reported, if it persists, I would just try a fresh driver install but using something like DDU to clear out any trash.  I am on the latest Nvidia drivers on a 3080 and they seem fine.

Interesting. Its at night too sometimes. They are like light gray. Ill see if it happens again, on a flight right now and maybe I can capture it.

• Like 1

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

I did not see it today, instead, it just decided to suddenly run at 13 fps and use 10% GPU. Have not had that happen in a long time. Then the game just crashed it got to 2 fps. I think because I started a discord stream. I read back in 2020 that there was an issue with discord running or something with FS. With my Specs I would not think I would have an issue streaming.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Wanted to come back to this, saw them the other day on my Xbox Series X as well, so its not my PC idk lol.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti