Sign in to follow this  
DreamDriver

GARMIN Pilot “NOT RECEIVING DATA”

Let’s see…

I am getting a real avionics upgrade and had the panel cut for an iPad mount which was installed in my plane.  They got the wrong size iPad mount, (bit of a story there) and it only supports 1st and 2nd generation iPads, so I had to find an old iPad or wait for a new panel to be cut and extend my upgrade beyond the already exhaustive five months.  Anyhow, this new to me (old 2017) 2nd Generation iPad Pro is not connecting to P3Dv5.  

I’m getting the “NOT RECEIVING DATA” yellow message when operating GARMIN Pilot in simulator mode.

Before I return it, I want to exhaust all possible causes.  The other iPads I have all work with it, but they are more recent models, including my iPhone 11.  I am running IOS 15.2 on the 2nd Gen iPad Pro.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Edited by DreamDriver

I think I fixed it, only time will tell if the fix is permanent.

After many hours of surfing Google searches and YouTube videos to no avail, I tried resetting the network on the iPAD.  Voila!

This is IOS 15.2 and a 2nd Gen iPAD.  Don't know why the other more modern iPads didn't need this, but I'm glad it worked.

GARMIN Pilot asked if I would allow it to use my Local Network, and I was like ELLL Yeah!!!

I hope this helps someone!

Well this ugly daemon is back!  It seems that the network reset was a temporary fix.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

This time, changing P3D to "Send GPS Data to Specific IP Address" seemed to work after cycling the WiFi iPad off then back on again.