Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rex Weather Force

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

don't think you understand what I am asking, I mean the flight center, historical weather, interactive map, etc. the buttons at the bottom.

I think those are features REX plans to add to the program, but they are not operational yet.

Dan Scott

18 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I think those are features REX plans to add to the program, but they are not operational yet.

That's what I am thinking..

On 11/16/2022 at 5:29 AM, simbol said:

Hello All,

As I transition to build now IFR airplanes I find myself very frustrated with MSFS live weather winds, etc. here is a sample video of the winds changing all the time with MSFS live weather:

This is driving me insane to be frank, and I am considering using REX sky force. Can you guys share your experience with REX winds depictions? how it works now? do we have now smooth transitions? no FPS hits, etc.? this is important for me because I am testing add-ons I am building and of course I need to measure my own FPS load, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Raul 

That's because the people on here who think they're aviation experts says it's realistic. It's not even close. 

• Like 1

Tony Fontaine

1 hour ago, CaptBillyBob said:

That's because the people on here who think they're aviation experts says it's realistic. It's not even close. 

I think many more just don't care.

Dan Scott

11 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I think many more just don't care.

There was a thread on here getting people to go vote to keep the current wind gusts. I like the clouds, upper level winds and visibility, but they added unrealistic gusts to make people happy. I hope they tune it. 

Tony Fontaine

I own a license of REX Weatherforce and it is unusable when I fly airliners. Every time you are at cruise it blankets every cloud layer and its a huge performance loss. Not only the loss of FPS but it looks HORRIFIC as well. What seems to be happening is it gets the closest stations METAR and then duplicates that for the entire orbiting view around your position. This does not happen with Live weather. If it wasn't for the delayed data live weather would actually not be that bad. MUCH better for airliners. 

If you fly GA and never get to high FL's then Weather Force is MUCH better for winds and gusts realism.

It's almost as if the WIND data of REX WF using the cloud depictions of Live weather would be the sweet spot. 

With the latest Weatherforce and the latest SU check out how unrealistic this looks. It is unflyable. This is literally the case over (essentially) FL190 no matter the location you're in. If it has even broken clouds in your METAR it will blanket it everything. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not to mention the dramatic tiling since it can only load the current positions METAR over and over. Until REX figures this out its only usable for GA for me. I am ok with live weathers delay for now. 

My settings (honestly makes no difference no matter what I really do)

spacer.png

Edited by yorgosGK
  • Upvote 1

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

All REX products are now compatible with SU11.

Just to clear up some confusion that some may have like myself 🙂

The update that is linked of in the Rex Axis of November 15th says "REX Weather Force - Build 6.0.2022.0921 - Compatible - Update released" which is the September 24th update for SU10 and won't work in SU11. You will need to download the 2022.1115 version.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 11/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, simbol said:

Ok anyone can tell me why this is gray out and cannot be used?

6D54Xvv.png

I apologize for the extremely late reply.  The grayed-out buttons are features that will be added.  We have been working on them, but not able to release them yet as we have been working on staying up with the simulator.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On 11/18/2022 at 9:15 PM, yorgosGK said:

I own a license of REX Weatherforce and it is unusable when I fly airliners. Every time you are at cruise it blankets every cloud layer and its a huge performance loss. Not only the loss of FPS but it looks HORRIFIC as well. What seems to be happening is it gets the closest stations METAR and then duplicates that for the entire orbiting view around your position. This does not happen with Live weather. If it wasn't for the delayed data live weather would actually not be that bad. MUCH better for airliners. 

If you fly GA and never get to high FL's then Weather Force is MUCH better for winds and gusts realism.

It's almost as if the WIND data of REX WF using the cloud depictions of Live weather would be the sweet spot. 

With the latest Weatherforce and the latest SU check out how unrealistic this looks. It is unflyable. This is literally the case over (essentially) FL190 no matter the location you're in. If it has even broken clouds in your METAR it will blanket it everything. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not to mention the dramatic tiling since it can only load the current positions METAR over and over. Until REX figures this out its only usable for GA for me. I am ok with live weathers delay for now. 

My settings (honestly makes no difference no matter what I really do)

spacer.png

Is this still the case? I’m getting a bit annoyed with the MSFS Wind and wondered if this program would be better, but I’m primarily using the Fenix & PMDG up high. 

Edited by mikethe6th

6 minutes ago, mikethe6th said:

Is this still the case? I’m getting a bit annoyed with the MSFS Wind and wondered if this program would be better, but I’m primarily using the Fenix & PMDG up high. 

* Do not reply to Ancient Topic * 

8 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

MSFS weather gets it right except for cirrus clouds.

Except that it doesn't...
Flew into Bordeaux-Mérignac about 45 minutes ago, as there was TS activity reported:

LFBD 032200Z AUTO 33004KT 270V020 9999 -RA ///CB 19/16 Q1013 TEMPO VRB15G30KT 2000 TSRA BECMG NSC

LFBD 032230Z AUTO 30008KT 9999 -RA VCTS ///CB 19/16 Q1013 TEMPO 3000 BR BECMG NSC

Apart from a few cumulonimbus clouds at 6000' to the East, when I arrived at LFBD, there was no light rain, visibility was far greater than either 2,000m or 3,000m and there was absolutely no thunder, lightning, or CB overhead, nor nearby.
Could easily see the coastline, which is some 25 miles (40km) from the airfield.

30 minutes ago, mikethe6th said:

Is this still the case? I’m getting a bit annoyed with the MSFS Wind and wondered if this program would be better,

Sadly not.
Whenever there's an update to the next METAR reporting station, there can be a sudden shift in winds, pressure causing your aircraft to act as if it just hit Clear Air Turbulence.
That's also before metioning the large lag in performance until the new weather data has been fully injected by REX WF into the sim.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter