Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rex Weather Force

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

And have you still not purchased and/or used REX WF?

yep  that gets me,  users  posting  negative  things  about  addons  where  they  actually  havnt  bought  or  used  them

  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

 

Peter kelberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fppilot said:

And have you still not purchased and/or used REX WF?

Frank..if you had read the entire thread you dug up, you would have understood the context of my response.  The title of the original post was "Sell me Rex WF" and his requirement was to have no sudden WX transitions.  Hence my response...

 

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Has anybody claimed there aren't transitions with REX?

They claim this on their own website:

Smoothing Mechanism

In addition, the REX developers have carefully added a smoothing mechanism to the engine to gradually smooth and transition the weather over time between updates. Of course, you have complete control over the weather update factors as well as transition speed.

 

14 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

if  you havnt  purchased  rex   why keep  posting  negative  posts about  it  all the  time

Who said I don't own it?  I have every REX product since they started 15 (?) years ago...with the exception of the new AccuSeason.  Just trying to provide a balanced view on the product so people understand what they are buying. 'SuperKaro2014' is obviously confused as to why he is not getting smooth transitions and is having FPS issues but these have been constant problems with the product.  The cadre of posters constantly trying to promote it in a misleading way is a bit....odd...


Eric

i9-12900k, EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Who said I don't own it? 

In essence You did on January 18th.

  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126
                       
"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

In essence You did on January 18th.

actually it  was  Jan19 to be more precise 🙂


I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

 

Peter kelberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fppilot said:

In essence You did on January 18th.

 

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

actually it  was  Jan19 to be more precise 🙂

Obviously neither of you read that entire thread that I had responded to get the proper context.  I couldn't "sell him' on Rex WF since one of his requirements was to have smooth WX transitions....please go back and read the entire thread.  I bought Rex WF almost a year ago and did not like the WX transitions and FPS hit...it has not gotten much better since then.  Again..just providing a balanced opinion based on my experience with it.  I prefer the default Live WX to FSX-like sudden WX transitions.  If you like it...enjoy!


Eric

i9-12900k, EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Flic1 said:
2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Has anybody claimed there aren't transitions with REX?

They claim this on their own website:

Smoothing Mechanism

In addition, the REX developers have carefully added a smoothing mechanism to the engine to gradually smooth and transition the weather over time between updates. Of course, you have complete control over the weather update factors as well as transition speed.

Eh? They are claiming the exact opposite that there ARE transitions - their claim is to smooth them!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

yep  that gets me,  users  posting  negative  things  about  addons  where  they  actually  havnt  bought  or  used  them

Are you double-tapping your spacebar? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Eh? They are claiming the exact opposite that there ARE transitions!  Their claim is to smooth the transitions.

So why are they not smooth?  Please help the guy (SuperKaro2014) that posted about his jarring WX transitions and FPS hit.  I know they exist and cannot be fixed but maybe it is better you spend your time helping him.  I say again...it's awfully strange to get swarmed by the same posters anytime something is said about Rex WF that doesn't conform to the 'narrative'....beta testers perhaps???

 

 


Eric

i9-12900k, EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

So why are they not smooth?  Please help the guy (SuperKaro2014) that posted about his jarring WX transitions and FPS hit.  I know they exist and cannot be fixed but maybe it is better you spend your time helping him.  I say again...it's awfully strange to get swarmed by the same posters anytime something is said about Rex WF that doesn't conform to the 'narrative'....beta testers perhaps???

Narrative you say - says the person who's narrative is to make a completely bogus claim that the developers say there are no transitions in REX WF!

 

36 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Just trying to provide a balanced view on the product so people understand what they are buying.

A balanced view is not one where you lie about what the developers have said about their product.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Narrative you say - says the person who's narrative is to make a completely bogus claim that the developers say there are no transitions in REX WF!

Huh? I copied the text directly from the Rex website...I don't see the "smooth" transitions that they market with this product....

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

A balanced view is not one where you lie about what the developers have said about their product.

Spend your time more productively and help the poster(s) having trouble with sudden WX transitions and FPS problems with Rex WF...I would enjoy hearing how to solve it as well but I am perfectly fine with the current default Live WX...


Eric

i9-12900k, EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Huh? I copied the text directly from the Rex website...I don't see the "smooth" transitions that they market with this product....

Spend your time more productively and help the poster(s) having trouble with sudden WX transitions and FPS problems with Rex WF...I would enjoy hearing how to solve it as well but I am perfectly fine with the current default Live WX...

Your first claim was that REX stated there were no transitions in Weather Force - the text you posted from the developer stated the opposite.  REX state there is a 'smoothing mechanism' in Weather Forcer and there is.  Rather than a single frame transformation from one weather area to another, Weather Force can transition between areas over time, thus smooth the transition.

 

12 minutes ago, Flic1 said:
26 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

A balanced view is not one where you lie about what the developers have said about their product.

Spend your time more productively and help the poster(s) having trouble with sudden WX transitions and FPS problems with Rex WF...I would enjoy hearing how to solve it as well but I am perfectly fine with the current default Live WX...

I have spent plenty of productive time showing the difference between Live Weather and REX, including being honest about what the compromises are between the products.  Before telling other people to be productive, you could start by acknowledging you were wrong to state REX said there were no transitions.


Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Built within Weather Force are smooth transitions for real-time weather as well as our dynamic weather presets.

You have several settings within the program to choose from:

- Persistent transitions, which changes the weather between updates over time.

- Or it will transition weather during an update within the time frame that you select.

  • Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

website:  www.rexsimulations.com
support: support@rexgamestudios.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rstough said:

Built within Weather Force are smooth transitions for real-time weather as well as our dynamic weather presets.

You have several settings within the program to choose from:

- Persistent transitions, which changes the weather between updates over time.

- Or it will transition weather during an update within the time frame that you select.

Hello Reed, so glad you added some input to this. Could you please comment on the questions posed by Frank as we really need some developer input instead of speculation ? 

 

Edited by vcarlo

Join AOPA - your freedom to fly
850237
My system >> Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo), 32 GB G Skill DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix - RTX 3070Ti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, I believe there are two types of "smoothness" here IMHO:  the first refers to the transition of weather from one type to another, i.e., clear to cloudy, vice-versa, etc. The second is the frame rate hit when the transitions are taking place.

In my experience, the former has improved since the product's release.  The latter is where the product struggles.  In most instances, the transition results in a slide-show and heaven help you if a transition occurs on approach.  In those few instances where the frame rate hit is slight, the former's effect works decently.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikeklimek said:

  In most instances, the transition results in a slide-show 

I've never seen REX turn into a "slide show" - and my rig is close to 7 years old. Dips in frame rates, sure, but no "slide show".

Your system is messed up somewhere

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...