Sign in to follow this  
Zeuss_1238

Transparent jetway and other objects

I am having a really weird issue where I can quite literally see right through the jetway and some ground service vehicles. The issue only happens at certain angles but you can pretty much see only the plane itself. It happens on all aircraft I tested (zibo 737, default 737, default 747, FF 767) and all airports.

Additionally, when it snows or rains there is a box where snow and rain effects don't render at all. I recently uninstalled reshade and am running now only xEnviro. I can't say for sure if the issue was caused by reshade as I only discovered the angles so its possible I never stumbled upon it before but perhaps I didn't uninstall it correctly. The issue persists even with xEnviro turned off

Besides xEnviro I am running no other graphical mods.

Anyone know what could be causing this issue?

screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/FAEjAMM

7Fjt0Y5.jpglqXTFzr.jpgx6E2a6L.jpguk3nUIC.jpgce8MnRB.jpggw3WrQR.jpg
Edited by Zeuss_1238

Linus Zwaka

Just a guess ... did you update the graphics driver recently?

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

26 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Just a guess ... did you update the graphics driver recently?

Yes I have the most recent version 😕

Linus Zwaka

I assume, you're on Windows? There, I can't help, as I'm on Linux, but the latest driver isn't always the best choice - in fact, that's independent from the OS. What I actually meant -  if you upgraded to the latest driver recently, and the issue occured since then, the driver might be the issue. It might ... because experience says that graphical issue like this can be caused by the driver. Apart from that, I don't have other ideas.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

On 1/4/2022 at 11:04 AM, uwespeed said:

I assume, you're on Windows? There, I can't help, as I'm on Linux, but the latest driver isn't always the best choice - in fact, that's independent from the OS. What I actually meant -  if you upgraded to the latest driver recently, and the issue occured since then, the driver might be the issue. It might ... because experience says that graphical issue like this can be caused by the driver. Apart from that, I don't have other ideas.

hmmmm... I can try rolling back to an older driver but this is a fresh install so I have no idea if this will be a similar issue with a different driver

Linus Zwaka

3 hours ago, Zeuss_1238 said:

hmmmm... I can try rolling back to an older driver but this is a fresh install so I have no idea if this will be a similar issue with a different driver

You should always providd your log.txt file when having issues otherwuse we r guessing. Vulcan or open gl. What are your display settings. Doubt its a driver issue.

Re Jetways, the only times I've seen this occur is when a user is in an internal camera mode. X-Plane doesn't have adequate draw-order logic in this viewpoint, so you can end up with items rendering in-front of the aircraft at a close distance.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:32 PM, DeltaWho said:

Re Jetways, the only times I've seen this occur is when a user is in an internal camera mode. X-Plane doesn't have adequate draw-order logic in this viewpoint, so you can end up with items rendering in-front of the aircraft at a close distance.

Alas, I am in external view in these screenshots

I am not sure if external view in x-camera is not actually external? How can the views be fixed?

Edited by Zeuss_1238

Linus Zwaka