Sign in to follow this  
donbrindles

Best moving map for p3dv5 VR?

Hi All. I am using Oculus Quest 2 in VR with p3dv5. Ideally I'd like to get Little NavMap into my VR cockpit, but I'm not sure about the best software to do this ( Flyinside is great with p3dv4.5 for this, but not compatible with p3dv5)

So, help please: anyone got LNM  - or any moving map - in their p3dv5 VR cockpit...if so, how?

Many thanks for help/advice/info,

Don.

I have the Rift, not the Quest, but I believe it works the same way. You can bring any programs/desktop windorw into VR through the Oculus home software. Either individual apps or the entire desktop. Just bring up the desktop/app you want and pin it clicking the thumbtack in the lower left corner and then go into VR. Done.

I have been flying solely in VR for the last 4 years. I tried nearly every solution (incl flyinside). I highly recommend using ovrdrop with your usual flying software (aivlasoft efb v2 / Navigraph charts / Active Sky / Checklist). Just select one of your monitors to be displayed in ovrdrop. At home I use my top monitor for p3d v5 and the bottom one for everything else and display it in ovrdrop at 30 fps. When I move my mouse down in the VR cockpit, the ovrdrop display is in focus and back up again to go back to the VR cockpit. I also to resize the ovrdrop window do that it looks like an EFB in-flight.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:16 AM, gyzmonfishball said:

I have been flying solely in VR for the last 4 years. I tried nearly every solution (incl flyinside). I highly recommend using ovrdrop with your usual flying software (aivlasoft efb v2 / Navigraph charts / Active Sky / Checklist). Just select one of your monitors to be displayed in ovrdrop. At home I use my top monitor for p3d v5 and the bottom one for everything else and display it in ovrdrop at 30 fps. When I move my mouse down in the VR cockpit, the ovrdrop display is in focus and back up again to go back to the VR cockpit. I also to resize the ovrdrop window do that it looks like an EFB in-flight.

Is ovrdrop something I have to purchase? 

spacer.png

On 1/3/2022 at 5:29 AM, andreh said:

Just bring up the desktop/app you want and pin it clicking the thumbtack in the lower left corner and then go into VR. Done.

Can you elaborate please?  Where is this "thumbtack"?

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Boomer said:

Can you elaborate please?  Where is this "thumbtack"?

Bring up the desktop in the Oculus Home. In the lower "right" corner of the desktop there's a thumbtack symbol. I accidentally wrote "left corner" above. It's in the lower right. Press it, and then go back into VR. The desktop will follow you in.

• Like 1