Sign in to follow this  
beatle

AIR RACING!

Guest Seria17hri11er

Hey everybody! I'm looking for anyone and everyone who would like to help create a Air Racing community. I am currently working on the Red Bull Air Race Monument Valley Utah race course. I have the course pretty much finished and I will be posting the file on Avsim tonight.I would like to create an online community for all types of air racing. Red Bull Air Races, Reno Air Races, Helicopter Races, Online racing!. Everyone with any skills is wanted. HTML, C++, Scenery Design, ATC Controllers/Race officials, Modelers, Painters. If you have a skill I didn't list and you think you could help me please post a reply!

I bet air racing will be catching on more soon, especially with the release of the Xpack and the new P-51 racer. I wonder if the P-51 will be faster than the RealAir Spitfire racer? I tested the climb powerformance of the RealAir racer and it easily beats the world time to climb record held by the Rare Bear.

Guest Seria17hri11er

Ooo ooo, where can I find the Xpack and P-51 Racer? RealAir Spitfire is only FS9 currently right?

Guest 67C VJPL

Hi , always good to see some interest in this aspect of FS.We at WestCoastATC.com have been running Air Racing for years nowunder the Props Banner and have had some experience with how its done.Apart from a score / time keeping program ( proprietary ) createdfor us by Russ Gilbert the creator of FShost to allow millisecondaccuracy no matter the connection speed there are other considerationsthat you need to think of , primary in your thinking is the lagbetween different connections that will have left the appearanceof players being in different places on the coarse than their competitors actually see them and secondly the machines that are running are required to produce in our case up to 14 players runningaround any of a dozen courses and or cross country races.This can be a serious frame rate killer ( very important ) in orderto allow that many players to fly in a formation it is absolutelynecessary to have low poly aircraft in addition to multiple special texture sets that include a high rez and low rez textures for eachparticipants aircraft so as to allow your own plane to look goodon your screen and the others to be in effect AI aircraft .These elements of the package are VITAL to air racing in orderto allow smooth performance in combination with frame rate friendlyscenery with as few elements being drawn as possible .Failure to do this will stop an Alienware 4gig machine in its tracks,and i am not kidding about this , the other element that we have designed for air races is a starter plane that is automatic and afterhaving set its flight path around the course will perform the duties of an air start where the players make one tour around the coarseand line up behind this AI style aircraft for the startup at the post.This is " how its done " in Reno and in Props air racing , we havea number of different planes in service including the P51 all specially designed for the task so as to allow smooth operationin addition to a special server set up for the task that runs the addons and ensures that all participants have the same weatherand this is important because air density affects the speed muchlike running at altitude and at sea level makes a vast difference.Last bet not least is our server and the FSRace program checksthat everybody is running an unaltered .cfg so people cant modifyany of the aircrafts performance parameters so they cant cheatby addinga few hundred extra horse power or whatever.... This happens...So there are a few elements involved in setting up a club , if you feel like finding out how its done check out Props at WestcoastATC.com and join in a race sometime , the aircraft andprograms are copyrighted and all the score keeping and race softwareonly run on this server but it may well save you some major workin trying to set up something that already exists