Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Live Weather fix now implemented

I have been observing KBOS all afternoon using RealTraffic/PSXT/Rex Weather, when this thread was posted.  I immediately loaded up MSFS Live weather and checked the METAR - both Rex and MSFS had exactly the same METAR.  The visual representation of the weather was very different. MSFS just used cumulus but Rex had a much better looking sky much closer to reality.

MSFS is capable of displaying great weather, but REX shows it closer to reality with the correct cloud types!

METAR

spacer.png

REX WEATHER

spacer.png

MSFS WEATHER

spacer.png

REX Weather after a METAR upate - MSFS live weather just looked the same. REX is SO much more like reality!

spacer.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
extra picture
  • Like 6

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

42 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

REX WEATHER

Wow, almost looks like a photo.

• Like 1

Is the Live Weather, down, again?? 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

2 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

Is the Live Weather, down, again?? 

Would seem so, just had clear sky and then CTD, never had one before

Down again for me too.  Sure is getting old!

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Don’t forget the beta weather was always down between 18:00 -19:12 EST.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Live weather suddenly popped back on during my flight lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

44 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Don’t forget the beta weather was always down between 18:00 -19:12 EST.

They're running Norton on this server at this time.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

REX Weather after a METAR upate - MSFS live weather just looked the same. REX is SO much more like reality!

I need some of the crack this guy is smoking... 😶

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

You found the MSFS weather image I posted more realistic to the METAR?

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Hey Dillon.  I flew with REX WF on Saturday from St Louis to Minneapolis and it was pretty spot on.  MSFS ATIS recordings are for some reason horribly off when using REX WF, but the actual weather in the sim from REX WF was very close to real over my entire route.  So comparison based solely on MSFS ATIS is for me a total toss away.

I confirmed REX-driven cloud cover, winds aloft, and altimeter values by comparing to actual RW metars and winds aloft map barbs as reported using my FltPlan Go iPad app.  There was quite a delay at first before the REX injection began, but that was the only significant issue.  Here is how it looked at KSUS for departure with the REX injection.  Note the altimeter of 28.68.  MSFS ATIS was reporting clear skies and 29.92. 

I am fully aware that MSFS ATIS and depicted weather are two totally different features.  But one is terribly flawed and the other is not!

image.png.463d91ee5c1a9c710fb51cd4f95aeb31.png

image.png.39aa3b9967a9449028500846a05903d1.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:
30 minutes ago, Dillon said:

You found the MSFS weather image I posted more realistic to the METAR?

Here is the METAR three hours after the first images I posted.  REX has nailed the cloud levels AND cloud types.  MSFS Live Weather looks an absolute mess and cartoony in comparison - REX proves MSFS is capable of accurate and realistic weather, so I don't understand how MS/Asobo is displaying such a mess in some circumstances.  I'm confident MS/Asobo will fix this, but at the moment REX just portrays the weather better.

METAR

spacer.png

REX Weather

spacer.png

MSFS Live Weather

spacer.png

• Like 7