Sign in to follow this  
lrc

ILS approach via Simbrief.

I recently installed the Aerosoft CJR.  In following the simbrief route and trying to capture the ILS/  glidescope, it does nothing. Even when nav1 has correct frequency, loc1 is selected, and the correct altitude is being flown?  

18 minutes ago, lrc said:

I recently installed the Aerosoft CJR.  In following the simbrief route and trying to capture the ILS/  glidescope, it does nothing. Even when nav1 has correct frequency, loc1 is selected, and the correct altitude is being flown?  

And you are hitting the approach button? You didn’t mention it, so I thought we could begin there.  For the record, I have yet to have a failed capture.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Yes. Approach is selected.  The plane is in line with airport runway but for some reason never catches the glidescope.  I’ve double checked approach altitudes etc. 

now, if I use the info from airnav.com and fly the approach ways they list, it always works.  

obviosly missing something 

I’m stumped.  I import the Simbrief plans making alterations as desired, and fixing discontinuities, otherwise everything just seems to work. After the que comes up to turn the nav source to localizer, I do so, hit approach and eventually the glide slope is captured and down we go.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Are you able to fly ILS approaches with other aircraft? Do you have Navigraph FMS data installed for the CRJ and/or Navigraph navdata installed in MSFS?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Yes, I have no problem with other aircraft at all.  I tried another local flight using the simbrief data and low and behold it worked as advertised.  Maybe just a fluke, or some wrong data I entered.  I will keep at it. Thanks all.

Edited by lrc

Are you approaching from below the glideslope?

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

You have to be below the glideslope for it to capture the glideslope. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, I flew from Columbus, Ohio to Atlanta using the simbrief plan and all went well, so maybe I am finally getting the hang of it. Difficult sometimes inserting waypoints on FMS when you get that discontinuity messages.

Thanks, Bobsk8, I will remember that.