Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Where is the Dash 8?

Guest cobra64

Hello allI was browsing through my install files and a folder for the Dehavilland Dash 8C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesDH_Dash8_100But in the game when I go to select an airplane, the Dash8 is nowhere to be found and I really want to fly it! what can/should I do?

It is an AI aircraft, as is the MD-80 and Cherokee. That means not flyable by default.It is possible to add a panel and make it flyable, but I dont have all the details so I will let the better informed about that particular process weigh in.

Guest cobra64

ok that makes sense.Is it hard to get it flyable, or is there a 3rd party Dash8 available?

Guest bjablonka

Bo,Is the one from Majestic for FSX? It looks great! Do you have it?

Guest BOPrey

Yes. They are coming out with a patch for FSX. Their FS9 version of the plane is unbelievable. My friend was running the control module on a different computer setting creating failure conditions while I was flying. It even has an inflight entertainment system.

Guest bjablonka

Can't wait to get it. Flight 1's ATR for FS9 was great, but this one seems to be the best you can get. Any idea about the FSX ETA?

PSS do one for FS9 but the VC is not clickable.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest SimDog

There is one in the file library. A -400 for FSX called Red Mountain Airways.SD

Guest bjablonka

SimDog, Could not find it in the library.

Guest SimDog

Here is the Avsim File Library info:Filename: dwq400rma.zip License: Freeware Added: 30th November 2006 Downloads: 2640 Author: Henry Douglas, Dreamwings Design Size: 45680kb SD

Guest bjablonka

Thank you SimDog!

Guest SimDog

Your're more than welcome.Happy flying,SD

I will thank you too simdog. I must have missed that Dash-8.That's a big long version of that plane! Good stuff...I am going to take it out for a spin this weekend.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB